By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I have a PS3...have Uncharted and MGS4...and the saw a HD video of GOW2

Wow!!

I mean...I love my PS3...it seems to be a fantastic piece of hardaware...but I have to be realistic. The XBOX360 can achieve the same graphics as the PS3.I thing MGS4 has the edge here...but GOW2 is better than uncharted.

What is better? An expensive machine where developers have nightmares trying to squeeze ts power...or a cheap machine were is far more simple to achieve the same graphics?

Ok...maybe in a couple of years the PS3 is going to have maybe a 10% more of power...but at what cost?

I always read comments here...like "When Uncharted 2 arrives...when GT5 arrives..." , but what about "when gears of war 3 arrives...

Comments..

Around the Network

Sorry bro but uncharted is still the best looking console game ever. Not to knock on Gears 2 which is right up there with the best. But yeah the truth is the 360 has had some really good looking games no doubt both machines have a lot of power under the hood and both are very great systems. The winner of the HD console war in the end: The gamers.

It's not about PS3 vs 360, is it? If you're comparing games, then compare games. And yes, Gears 2 is currently the new standard in my opinion.

I really believe to compare graphics like that you have to actually play the game on the same TV as your other games. I can never discern graphics by watching them over the internet or on TV.

gears of war and dead or alive (bioshock was on this list aswell) are the only games that make me envy X360 owners,,,but hey we can't have it all you know.

Around the Network

Honestly, people, Uncharted has the best graphics ever, its even more gorgeous than MGS4, the texture work is phenomenal, not to mention, water rivers and lakes that are realer than real !

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

I agree with you all. I should have been more clear: I was talking about visuals...not about Physics.

Afterman said:

Wow!!

I mean...I love my PS3...it seems to be a fantastic piece of hardaware...but I have to be realistic. The XBOX360 can achieve the same graphics as the PS3.I thing MGS4 has the edge here...but GOW2 is better than uncharted.

What is better? An expensive machine where developers have nightmares trying to squeeze ts power...or a cheap machine were is far more simple to achieve the same graphics?

Ok...maybe in a couple of years the PS3 is going to have maybe a 10% more of power...but at what cost?

I always read comments here...like "When Uncharted 2 arrives...when GT5 arrives..." , but what about "when gears of war 3 arrives...

Comments..

GeoW2 should look better than Uncharted (I can't say if it does).  Uncharted is a first generation title that was released over a year ago, while GeoW2 is a third generation title for Epic that has a custom version of the Unreal Engine. 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Killzone 2 anyone?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

http://www.neogaf.com/forum//showpost.php?p=11828495&postcount=14813

This is why Uncharted is still the grafics console king. Even the reviewers have not metion Gears 2 have the best graffics, Gears graffics are geat but not better than Uncharted.