By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I have a PS3...have Uncharted and MGS4...and the saw a HD video of GOW2

KZ2 ftw.

It's all about the game.

Around the Network

At this moment in time i think the PS3 is better, but it's not £130+ Better.

CGI-Quality said:
hayeya_k said:
Honestly, people, Uncharted has the best graphics ever, its even more gorgeous than MGS4, the texture work is phenomenal, not to mention, water rivers and lakes that are realer than real !

In terms of consoles - Yes I agree. 

I tried Killzone 2 "single player" at Leipzig Games Convention 2008 and I can tell you that for me is better than Crysis for PC.

You must try it to believe.

Already GT5 Prologue (1080p/60fps with photorealistic graphics) and Uncharted are a good example that PS3 is more powerful than xbox360, but when Killzone 2 will be released, all you will be shocked because it's something incredible. Let stand the photos appearing on the Web and video of poor quality, Killzone 2 you have to try it on an HD TV and you will be shocked. PS3 is more powerful than xbox360 and now many games are proving this.

As a X360 owner, I think it's hard to argue that the X360 will always have the 'better looking' games, or 'equivalent looking' games. When you look at the specs, the fact is, the Playstation 3 is better on paper - Blu-Ray, 8 SPEs. Things like that make it impossible to say that "in 4 years, games will still look the same on both systems".

Ultimately, the Playstation 3 will have the better graphics. But I agree with your statement: At what costs?

The problem with the PS3 is that it IS a nightmare to develop for. Games are constantly being delayed due to developmental woes, projects are becoming costly, and in general, it's just a bad system to develop for (not to mention the actual return on your investment vs. the Wii and X360).

Because of that, we're going to see a split in the future of what gets greenlit for the Playstation 3. There may be better 'blockbuster' MGS4-esque uber-exclusives, but they will suffer in cost, development, and rarity.

Food for thought: Gears of War 1 + 2 were made for less money than Metal Gear Solid 4 or Killzone 2. Which games, do you think, earned a better return, and will have a higher probability of seeing sequels? (Of course, KZ2 hasn't come out, but the deck is stacked against it in some ways).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Afterman said:

Wow!!

I mean...I love my PS3...it seems to be a fantastic piece of hardaware...but I have to be realistic. The XBOX360 can achieve the same graphics as the PS3.I thing MGS4 has the edge here...but GOW2 is better than uncharted.

What is better? An expensive machine where developers have nightmares trying to squeeze ts power...or a cheap machine were is far more simple to achieve the same graphics?

Ok...maybe in a couple of years the PS3 is going to have maybe a 10% more of power...but at what cost?

I always read comments here...like "When Uncharted 2 arrives...when GT5 arrives..." , but what about "when gears of war 3 arrives...

Comments..

Kudos to you for realizing this, most would like to say that the PS3 is in another league, but that simply not true. Just like last gen and the gen before, Sony has overpromised again this gen.

Just makes me wonder when they will just deliver and stop making empty promises.

Around the Network

SNES graphics are and forever will the market and are the shit! Has anyone played Earthworm Jim???

To be fair, Sony delivered on the Playstation 1 and 2 by providing a system that could be easily developed for, and had the requirements to be a generation-winning system.

The Playstation 3 has neither of those traits.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

CGI-Quality said:
Ok first things first: Uncharted is not just about graphics. It's physics are not possible on the 360. Check the systems specs before you post. Second, YES Gears of war 2 is a FANTASTIC game, I truly cherish it, but to be honest Uncharted IMO still has the edge (albeit SLIGHTLY). In terms of sheer graphical power the two consoles ARE NOT the same. The 360 has a better GPU for anti-aliasing and uses it's RAM in a more efficient way than the PS3 for graphics. However, the PS3 can do things with physics and animation that just can't be achieved on the 360. Heavenly Sword, MGS4, Little BIG Planet and Uncharted ALL prove this theory. At the end of the day however you should just enjoy what's available for every console and not focus so much on: "360 can do what PS3 does" or "PS3 has better graphics all the time" anything like that because in BOTH cases this is not always the case. In terms of sheer power however the PS3 is more powerful though. It's processor is stronger and faster than the 360's and it can achieve things that you could attempt on 360 it just wouldn't be the same game. This post is in no shape a knock at the 360 as it's power HAS NOT yet been fully tapped into and it still has advantages over the PS3 that keep it a major competitor :)

I don't remember Uncharted having fantastic physics, but whatever the case: nuhuh

I don't remember if those demos were running on the PS3 or 360 when they recorded but they both run the same on both systems and has better physics than whatever Uncharted has.

Yeah, what was so bloody special about Uncharted's physics? I played through the game and while it's a very pretty and solid game, there wasn't anything that stood out to me as being special. In fact, the game left me with the exact opposite opinion... Naughty Dog took good traits from other games and mashed them together to come up with Uncharted. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but hardly revolutionary.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

mrstickball said:
To be fair, Sony delivered on the Playstation 1 and 2 by providing a system that could be easily developed for, and had the requirements to be a generation-winning system.

The Playstation 3 has neither of those traits.

actually this is false COMPLETELY

PS2 was ALSO a nightmare to develop for..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey