By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I have a PS3...have Uncharted and MGS4...and the saw a HD video of GOW2

lol you are comparing uncharted (2007) to gears 2 (2008) lol

Around the Network

Uncharted is phenomenal GT5 P is phenomenal MGS4 is phenomenal Ratchet is phenomenal and so is GeoW 2

FF XIII is going to blow everything away though.....people better start accepting this fact soon enough

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

If you are going to compare the games on shots and some videos you will always see both machines performing similar.They have pretty much equivalent GPUs ,the amounts of memory etc.To see really substantial improvements you need high boosts in performance.

The PS3 ,though ,through its better abilities with CPU ,HDD being in all the models and better tech for getting data non-stop from the BR has the potential to make for bigger environments and more characters on screen at once.Look for example at Resistance 2.It doesnt look better that GOw2 in stills but GOW2 couldnt look as it does (or as R2 for that matter) with the scale of R2.

Yeah Uncharted is still the best looking game on consoles IMO. Killzone 2 SP might surpass it though, it looks gorgeous online and we all know games online never look as good as offline.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Ok first things first: Uncharted is not just about graphics. It's physics are not possible on the 360. Check the systems specs before you post. Second, YES Gears of war 2 is a FANTASTIC game, I truly cherish it, but to be honest Uncharted IMO still has the edge (albeit SLIGHTLY). In terms of sheer graphical power the two consoles ARE NOT the same. The 360 has a better GPU for anti-aliasing and uses it's RAM in a more efficient way than the PS3 for graphics. However, the PS3 can do things with physics and animation that just can't be achieved on the 360. Heavenly Sword, MGS4, Little BIG Planet and Uncharted ALL prove this theory. At the end of the day however you should just enjoy what's available for every console and not focus so much on: "360 can do what PS3 does" or "PS3 has better graphics all the time" anything like that because in BOTH cases this is not always the case. In terms of sheer power however the PS3 is more powerful though. It's processor is stronger and faster than the 360's and it can achieve things that you could attempt on 360 it just wouldn't be the same game. This post is in no shape a knock at the 360 as it's power HAS NOT yet been fully tapped into and it still has advantages over the PS3 that keep it a major competitor :)

While I want to believe that you are not biased in your opinions, you go and say things like those highlighted above and ruin it all.  Can you provide a link to prove these statements or will you acknowledge that these are simply your opinion?

Graphics wise, Gears 2 looks incredible in action, as I'm sure most high-production value PS3 games do.

d21lewis said:
It's not about PS3 vs 360, is it? If you're comparing games, then compare games. And yes, Gears 2 is currently the new standard in my opinion.

^^ This (IMO)!

GameSpy:  "While it's certainly open to debate, we're going to go out on a limb and call Gears of War 2 the most visually impressive game of all-time."

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/gears-of-war-2/926309p1.html

darthdevidem01 said:
Killzone 2 anyone?

Agreed, Until Heavy Rain ;)

Gears 2 has pretty much achieved the max potential the 360 has in store. The PS3 games however, are still not using all the spus available and I seriously doubt there will ever be games this gen using all the spus. Still it's not good to judge a game only by its graphics, you'll need to look at the physics and the AI. There's no doubt in my mind that 360 games can look as good as the PS3 games. What I think the PS3 can do better is in terms of physics processing and the AI processing. Although this will be hard to optimize for the PS3's architecture and most of the time, the devs will just take existing algorithms that were developed for the x86 architecture. I'll have to say, I still haven't see a game (even MGS) that had mindblowing physics and AI, but I know the PS3 is definitely capable of much more advanced processing.

"In the end, you're always on your own."

~ Squalll Leonheart

I disagree with a good half of the people on this thread. Uncharted looks nowhere near as good as MGS4. I play the two on a daily basis and I would say MGS4 has definitely got the edge.

Gears 2 is not even close to these two games graphically.