By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii reach 40 million before the end of the year?

Definitely. I'm saying 44 million.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Wii sells atleast 400k+ each week...so hell yes.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I'm guessing 45M, which means that I predict that it will sell more than double of what it would need to sell to get to 40M.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Of course it will. I am going with 43.5M by December 31st and hoping that they are stockpiled somewhere to meet demand.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Absolutely certainly. I'm still very comfortable with my predictions - made Jan 1st '08 (see sig). If anything, I keep under estimating the 360...

EDIT: If anything, my DS figure will be off the most. Another 5m for the rest of the year? Selling 300k/week, in Europe alone now? It should smash 90m - PSP probably struggle to reach 43m though. See how the 3000 does in Japan...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Good chance of getting there. Time will tell.

If Nintendo's end of March 31st perdiction is 53 million, then I'm going to have to say the Wii is going to sell A LOT more this holiday and by the end of December it'll be at 46m.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Looking better and better every day.

Nintendo only has the month of December to sell 1 million units world wide. They sold 1.6 million this week.

I hope they can do it!