By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii reach 40 million before the end of the year?

Of course it will, no questions. Actually it would be amazing if they shipped 47 million by the end of this year (its second one). It would match PS2 sells at the end of its third year!

Around the Network
TheSource said:

To get to 51.95m shipped by March 31, they have to be at ~45-46m shipped on Dec 31.

That should translate to 40-43m in sell through by the end of 2008

How long did it take PS2 to reach that point?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

In the middle of its third holidays

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=&reg3=------&weeks=146

MaxwellGT2000 said:
TheSource said:

To get to 51.95m shipped by March 31, they have to be at ~45-46m shipped on Dec 31.

That should translate to 40-43m in sell through by the end of 2008

How long did it take PS2 to reach that point?

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=155

Wii is 10 mounths more or less better than the PS2

www.cuidar.com.br

You can't compare the worldwide graph for Wii & PS2 fairly.

Wii launched simultaneously in 2006 (Nov 19 to Dec 8 worldwide) while the PS2 chart starts from the Japan launch that predates the western launches by 6 months or so.

You have to take the number of weeks Wii hs in each region,  and compare that to where PS2 was at that point from launch.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Definitely. 42 million is very likely.
(>'.')>

The Christmas Shooping weeks are already on, so it has a chance.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

TheSource said:

You can't compare the worldwide graph for Wii & PS2 fairly.

Wii launched simultaneously in 2006 (Nov 19 to Dec 8 worldwide) while the PS2 chart starts from the Japan launch that predates the western launches by 6 months or so.

You have to take the number of weeks Wii hs in each region,  and compare that to where PS2 was at that point from launch.

I agree early on it might not of been fair, but we are talking over 3 years for PS2, it was in all areas a significant time, and was not supply constrained as the wii currently is in America.  I think the longer supply constrain makes up for the staggered launch of the PS2 so that they are fair enough to compare.

If they can keep stocks full, I would say that statement in threads headline is plausible. I think it will fall somewhere between 41M-42M. Go casuals! Boo HC!

Might even make it by next week let alone by the end of the year

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down