By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii reach 40 million before the end of the year?

I think there is a good chance of it happening, come on, lets buy one if you haven't already.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

Around the Network

Well with production at 2.4 million a month, then with a few places holding stock until holidays it's a good chance that it will or be just under 40 million.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

To get to 51.95m shipped by March 31, they have to be at ~45-46m shipped on Dec 31.

That should translate to 40-43m in sell through by the end of 2008

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

the ps3 has a good chance to sell 20 mil. not to mention the wii :S

i give it 41 mil. :D

It is a certainty.

Hell I wouldbe suprised if the sales fell short of 44 million. (and I am predicting 45 million)

Around the Network

Yes. There are 8 weeks left and Nintendo needs to sell 4.54 million systems before years end. So it would need to average 567,500 consoles sold a week. This last week, it sold 486k. With a huge release next week (Animal Crossing) and the upcoming weeks of the holiday season, I have no doubt that it will pass 40 million. I think some of the weeks right around Cristmas, it could sell nearly a million, at least 700 or 800k. I also think it could do around that number the week of or after Thanksgiving.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Good bye 40 million, hello 41 million.

I would say they could easily sell 40 million. I am putting my guess around 42 million.

TheSource has a habit of coming in with actual numbers and ending a thread early :P

Depending on how much stock is available for Black Friday and the rest of the month, there is the possibility that the Wii could pass 40 Million units sold by the end of November.