By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fallout 3: Why I don't recomend it...

Ari_Gold said:
explain yourself ^^

Bethesda finally nailed that feeling of immersion that they've lacked in all of their games.

The VA, story, characters, and interactions feel very fresh, though they are traditional, and the sense of exploration is excellent.

It shares some Oblivion traits, but it doesn't really have that Oblivion feel.

The combat is actually really good. It doesn't dissapointly rely on your ability to twitch shoot, but strikes a perfect balanced, and I would say the gameplay is the best part of the package.

The more complex a game it, the harder it is to make it good. Fallout 3 is one of those rare, very complex games, that is also very good.

The presentation is, well, the best ever in a video game. Liam Neeson is gives the freakin' introduction, lol. Never been a better VA list for a game, and the graphics, scope, and sound design are excellent.

The game also has great direction. It's well paced, and allows for exploration, yet also keeps you on track for the main story. The locations are also varied and interesting.

The game is also huge, and full of content, but unlike Oblivion, the content is all great and differentiated. Big enough to play for as long as you want.

The game is also a technical marvel on the 360. It manages to take full advantage of the console, and isn't laggy or hitchy, or buggy like even Fable 2 was. There is little or no popup on textures, like in Gears 2, and it's one of the best experiences I've have technically in a wrpg.

The opening sequence in the game is a big innovative, actually, and does a fantastic job of drawing you into the story.

The game also manages to maintain some of that Fallout mindset of wierd 50's culture mixed with modern post-apocolyptic necessity.

I just think it's a quality game all around. I like it better than LBP, better than Fable 2, better than Gears 2, Brawl, GTAIV, Vesperia, R2, and just a tad better than MGS4.

That's why right now, as things stand, it's on my short list for GotY, and amongst my top 10 games of this generation.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Yes the opening sequence will make people feel amazed.....but I won't say what it is....as it will ruin the excitement.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

People who don't play this because of Oblivion don't know what they're missing.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

But why would that even be an excuse....Oblivion was an EPIC masterpiece.....I can't comprehend as to why someone wold hate it!

darthdevidem01 said:
But why would that even be an excuse....Oblivion was an EPIC masterpiece.....I can't comprehend as to why someone wold hate it!

It lacked immersion, something Bethesda kept in mind when developing Fallout...obviously.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
People who don't play this because of Oblivion don't know what they're missing.

i didn't like Oblivion, but coincidentally i traded it for Fallout 3 + cash,  but i have yet to play it

ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:

It lacked immersion, something Bethesda kept in mind when developing Fallout...obviously.

Examples....what kind of immersion. I thought it was a very good & responsive environment.....tell me if there was something I should've seen that wasn't there.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Actually, after playing it, I think it's GotY.

+1

Liked Oblivion but I never really felt inside the game, this game is my game of the generation!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Actually, after playing it, I think it's GotY.

+1

Liked Oblivion but I never really felt inside the game, this game is my game of the generation!

Now i just need to go get xbox360 and will be buying this gem.

@kutasek

just get it on PS3.....the difference is minimal between PS360.....if you are rally fussy about differences then invest in a PC as then you will actually see a noticeable difference between the two.