By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fallout 3: Why I don't recomend it...

markers said:
look the bottomline is this, if you disliked oblivion (morrowwind, or w/e else in that line of games they made) you will not like this.

imo this game looks like utter crap that i will pick up once it hits the $4.99 bargain bin in gamestop. but thats just my opinion and so stfu

Assuming you've never played the game:

Ignorance personified. You sir, have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

The fact that you were so flagrant and agressive in spreading your ignorance is ironic.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Fuzzmosis said:

I do say try playing the game, I just was one of those whiney bitches who loved the previous fallouts and wanted a 3d version of it. I didn't get that, but I also didn't get a shitty game. Just a mediocre one, but there is plenty of enjoyment to be had if you did not expect a Fallout experience, just a Fallout setting. High hopes lead to high disappointments. 

Hmmm, while I respect your opinion, I also have one of my own.

If this is a mediocre game, I've never played a good one.

There is quality packed into every detail.

Games shouldn't be judged by a list of flaws or dislikes, and in all honesty, those things you're listing, aren't why you didn't enjoy the game.

The reason we either enjoy or dislike a game comes down to one thing. Immersion. There are no games you dislike that you found immersive, and there are no games you love that you didn't fine immersive. That, one thing, holds true for everyone.

That's why Oblivion failed in many people's eyes. It had the bullet points to be a fantastic AAA game. It was obviously quality and made with a ton of work, considering the scope of the game.

However, the gameplay, introduction, settings, production values, direction, and pacing failed to immerse most players.

Quite to the contrary, Fallout 3 does manage to not only outperform Oblivion in every one of those aspects, but it also manages to be completely immersive to most of the gamers who pick it up.

That is why most people who hated Oblivion will love this, and the reason you disliked this game is because for your own personal reasons, you didn't find it immersive....it had nothing to do with weapon durability....that's just a minor gripe you would over-look if you had enjoyed the game, and it means nothing.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I never played Oblivion, but I am tempted to pick up Fallout 3, I just keep hearing so many good things about it.

Shame that it arrives at the same time as so many other great games, maybe I'll wait 'til April or something to pick it up, there should be a couple of slow months there.

@Zen

What is this VATS thing?....Is it something that has to do with combat?

So far I've loved it. All the points produced to prove its a bad game are wrong. I'm not even going to say why because that would just give more attention to a load of balls

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network

For most of your comments RTFM !

I agree. I hate this game. Trying hard to make myself like it but with no success. I am just completely bored when I'm playing it. I guess this type of game just isn't for me.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

ZenfoldorVGI said:
hanafuda said:
The more I read about this game, the more I think I'll pass on it.

Just too many other games that are higher priority for me.

If it had been released 6 months ago then it would probably be a different story.

If this guys opinions have ANYTHING to do with your decision, then he screwed you.

I get the impression it is a very good game if you can get into it. I just can't see me getting into it, and there is too much competition right now for me to even try.

PSN - hanafuda

ZenfoldorVGI said:
hanafuda said:
The more I read about this game, the more I think I'll pass on it.

Just too many other games that are higher priority for me.

If it had been released 6 months ago then it would probably be a different story.

If this guys opinions have ANYTHING to do with your decision, then he screwed you.

Please do you want to listen to THIS guy? He voted for Palin/McCain. His whole world is a bridge to lies and fanboyism.

I will think twice before thinking about getting it.