By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Today Show Warns Consumers To Stay Away From Xbox 360

http://loot-ninja.com/2007/07/27/today-show-warns-consumers-to-stay-away-from-xbox-360/

Video -  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/

"tech guru told consumers to stay away from the Xbox 360 because of the massive hardware problems"

"strongly recommended the PS3 and Wii for their very high reliability and technological prowess"

Today show does gets quite a few viewers.

Around the Network

Dang, that sucks...

If people realized that the 360 has such great games, that's it worth it anyway...heck, it'll probably be near the end of its life in 3 years, and you're guaranteed through then...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

They knew about the issues early on, they choose to sit on them and now they are paying for it. They screwed them selfs big time on this.

Well it was only a matter of time before the Media did this and MS will have to now step up and get the trust back from the public.In the long run it will be better that this happened.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Rushing the console out the gate is coming back to bite MS in the ass, is it gonna matter much really though?since the 1 year lead is more than a solid buffer against the PS3 at this point at least and especially in the NA market.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

It will matter with Halo3 coming up because the general public listen to the TV,Newspapers,Internet.I expect if enough watched the Today Show and then by word of mouth and the internet this could lower sales from now on and unless they fix it in time for Halo3 it COULD hurt Halo3 as a possible console selling game.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Well the guys right you know

GO PSWII

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

We'll see if this had an effect on 360 sales next week.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Their "tech guru" made some pretty idiotic statements like: "the PS3 is a much stronger machine than the Xbox 360" and the Wii's strong "technological prowess" so it's impossible to take him seriously but he's right in that the 360 does have hardware problems.

mitsuhide said:
It will matter with Halo3 coming up because the general public listen to the TV,Newspapers,Internet.I expect if enough watched the Today Show and then by word of mouth and the internet this could lower sales from now on and unless they fix it in time for Halo3 it COULD hurt Halo3 as a possible console selling game.

This sort of thing didn't hamper the PS2 so I doubt it will harm the 360 as much. 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo