By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 fans shouldn't stress too much at increased Xbox 360 EU sales.

starcraft said:

I said the same thing to Xbox 360 fans when the PS3 was beating the Xbox 360 in worldwide sales a few months ago.  At the end of the day, neither of these consoles will EVER have a large enough majority over one-another to cause any shift in the number of games they receive relative to one-another...

True, but the interesting trend here is that the domination of SONY vanished... that Nintendo proved that inovation is the key (not technologies) while Microsoft is taking an important step into the futur of gaming distribution.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
Sardauk said:
starcraft said:

I said the same thing to Xbox 360 fans when the PS3 was beating the Xbox 360 in worldwide sales a few months ago.  At the end of the day, neither of these consoles will EVER have a large enough majority over one-another to cause any shift in the number of games they receive relative to one-another...

True, but the interesting trend here is that the domination of SONY vanished... that Nintendo proved that inovation is the key (not technologies) while Microsoft is taking an important step into the futur of gaming distribution.

Excellent post. Very inciteful.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Squilliam said:
There are still people who think that the PS3 will sail past the Xbox 360 in 2009, those people still have to reach acceptance.

lol,there are a few of them.

well done MS!
Although, 92000 units for Sony in one week in Others isn't too bad either, is it?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

saprano1 said:
Nintendo what? anyway i dont think MS outsold sony for that long, cause like i said before, if they were doing that you would heard them bragging about it. come on lets be honest here we all know MS.

Why I don't think it was for this long is because the financials showed Ps3 and 360 pretty well tracked by vgchartz. Then all of a sudden the periods (Begining of Oct - now) that don't have the financial's dont cover it's been severly undertracked. Just doesn't sound right.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
saprano1 said:
Nintendo what? anyway i dont think MS outsold sony for that long, cause like i said before, if they were doing that you would heard them bragging about it. come on lets be honest here we all know MS.

Why I don't think it was for this long is because the financials showed Ps3 and 360 pretty well tracked by vgchartz. Then all of a sudden the periods (Begining of Oct - now) that don't have the financial's dont cover it's been severly undertracked. Just doesn't sound right.

Actually, good point...

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
Max King of the Wild said:
saprano1 said:

Actually, good point...

Also no tracking agency (that I know of) has reported numbers that don't match with ioi's. So I'm wondering where ioi figured he'd undertracked it. Unless someone can show me a link where they don't match up.

I dont stress about those numbers ,mainly because with no data to support them theres little credibility in them.

Diomedes1976 said:
I dont stress about those numbers ,mainly because with no data to support them theres little credibility in them.

which brings up a question..

and i think you know very well what i want to ask.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Something tells me ioi had GOOD reason to alter the numbers.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS