By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 fans shouldn't stress too much at increased Xbox 360 EU sales.

starcraft said:

I said the same thing to Xbox 360 fans when the PS3 was beating the Xbox 360 in worldwide sales a few months ago.  At the end of the day, neither of these consoles will EVER have a large enough majority over one-another to cause any shift in the number of games they receive relative to one-another. 

Lots of your high-post-count 360 enthusiast brethren have been claiming the opposite.

Just to point that out.

Around the Network
seece said:
Its only the PS3 fanboys worrying, and we all know they only care about the numbers, and it isn't looking pretty or them.

Yep. The 360 has vindicated MS this generation to a very large degree. Although it remains a distant 2nd place (as per its predecessor), it will clearly sell more in all territories than the XB did, and established itself as a viable alternative to Sony (which was always its goal).

Its the Sony fanboys, who have seen their console of choice rejected, tossed from the center of the gaming world into the wildnerness of a distant third place, only to stage a mild comeback after redesign and repricing. Those fanboys who need validation through their console (which is not all of them, of course, but the group is certainly vocal) can only gain it if the PS3 passes the 360 (the Wii is too far out of reach, but denial persists for some).

The next generation will be fascinating, as there is not a single thing Nintendo did right this time that the other two cannot copy.

Listen....i dont really doubt vgcharts its the only source of numbers we have each week. but if MS was selling over 100,000 consoles, and outselling the ps3 for 5 weeks over seas wouldn't MS say something about it like always? thats a so called big jump.

I've always liked you starcraft, even when I don't like you, I do.

I'm glad that we can team up in our effort to curb-stomp the Wii.

Now say it with me: LBP will be huge!!!!!!!

Actually DJ the new term is pencil trick, curb stomp is old now.

Around the Network

Who cares about new terms... curb stomp is more awesome.

DMeisterJ said:

If Starcraft were truely your friend he would man up and add you to PSN.

People not on your PSN? = Not your friends.

Tease.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
starcraft said:

I said the same thing to Xbox 360 fans when the PS3 was beating the Xbox 360 in worldwide sales a few months ago.  At the end of the day, neither of these consoles will EVER have a large enough majority over one-another to cause any shift in the number of games they receive relative to one-another. 

Lots of your high-post-count 360 enthusiast brethren have been claiming the opposite.

Just to point that out.

True.  But lets face it.  All the Xbox 360's early lead did was get it some games before PS3 dev kits arrived (Vesperia) and make a few other titles easier to moneyhat (Ace Combat 6 etc...).

Short of reaching a 10 million lead anytime soon, the best the Xbox 360's current lead is get it one or two money hatted exclusives a year it wouldn't otherwise have gotten.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

DMeisterJ said:

LBP will be marginally bigger than the largness I originally believed it would be possessed of.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Just enjoy playing your games on your console(s) and it does not matter if console X is outselling consoles Y or Z.