By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo might be a disadvantage with development next generation

Jo21 said:

will nintendo be able to make 2 generations jump (in graphics) in the time they have?

sony try to, but you see the problems they pass on overengineering , high price, it was hard to code at first. etc.

Sony failed not because of the big jump, but because they wanted to jump into the future. Nintendo is going to jump in the present with Wii 2 like they did with the Wii so thats why they are going to succeed again.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:

Warning: The following series of statements are not meant to offend people, cause flame wars, be the target of hate or cause general discomfort to the mind, body and soul.  I have to been forewarned.

I honestly see Nintendo in a pinch for developing games next generation.  The problem is, Nintendo has little/no experience with developing HD software.  Sony and Microsoft, along with most third parties, do.  This may lead several games to take well over 2 or 3 years to finish or possibly cancellings.  The hopeful side of me believes that they will transition fairly fast but the slightly more realistic side of me says otherwise.  Also with the lack of third party support, this might lead to something very risky.  I hope they don't "Leave luck to heaven." <-- Yes that was very corny.

Thoughts?

There is nothing special or difficult about high definition. I think you've been listening to Sony and MS propogganda too much.

Lets face it, 1st party nintendo games look better than half the PS360 games.

Also, Nintendo will have the advantage that the SNES, PS2 and PS3 had, in that they had a large, loyal userbase from last gen