By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 you tricked me, I hate you

Pharaoh said:

So I just beat Fallout 3 on PS3 and I have to say I hate you to bethesda.  The gameplay was awesome yes, until the end.  When you beat the main story, it ends!!!!  You can't play anymore, that's it.  To compound this problem more, the story line was only around 6 hours long.  Come on!!  I was really getting into this game, and everything about it but it ends so abruptly. I mean Oblivion lasted forever, a great game.

The boss fight, and the events leading up to it was probably the easiest ever.  I died twice in the whole game, and that was because of taking on a deathclaw when I was lvl 5.  I really expected more from this game, and it was fufilling those dreams until the short ending.

This game should not be ranked in the 90's and should not be a AAA title.  I guess the reviewers didn't get to finish it

Anyone else feel that bethesda cheated, deceived, lied to us?

It's actually my Game of the Year. :P Just because the ending leaves a bad taste in your mouth, doesn't mean it discounts the quality of the rest of the game.

How bout this:

Make multiple saves.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
this is why i don't touch WJRPGs.

after playing mass effect.

I think that you just single out negative comments about WRPGs and use them to confirm your inner believe that WRPGs aren't worth playing, and you completely block out anything good said about them.

A lot of people think this is one of the best games released this year. What, do we just have bad tastes?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Pharaoh said:
^No Oblivion you could play forever, seriously I mean forever. I put 140 hours into Oblivion, because every NPC comes up with randomly generated quests. Now Oblivion was a AAA game, but Fallout 3 is not.

Seriously guys, if u want to play the true AAA gems, play Morrowind and Fallout 2. Shows how overrated this HD era is and justifies the whole Wii reviews fiasco.

actually your case is looking pretty good.

When I beat fallout 3 and it ended. I couldn't even start a new game. I deleted everything and then tried it again and still nothing, I only have the options menu. What a waste!

Hidden weapons that mean something

Alien Blaster the strongest laser. Can take down most humans in one shot to the head.
Shishkebab a sword that is on fire
Blackhawk, Lincoln's Repeater, Reservist's Rifle....I have a lot more.

The Miss Launcher, Rock-It Launcher, Burnmaster, Terrible Shotgun, Railway Rifle, Mesmetron, Nuka Granade

I also know many more exists

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
Pharaoh said:
^No Oblivion you could play forever, seriously I mean forever. I put 140 hours into Oblivion, because every NPC comes up with randomly generated quests. Now Oblivion was a AAA game, but Fallout 3 is not.

Seriously guys, if u want to play the true AAA gems, play Morrowind and Fallout 2. Shows how overrated this HD era is and justifies the whole Wii reviews fiasco.

Bah, I think that's BS. Claiming that this gen is vastly over-rated just because you remember past games better than they really were. Fallout 2 is a great game, but Morrowind?

One guy pissed off over the ending of a game doesn't make this game over-rated. It does however, give haters of the HD generation, and haters of Bethesda/Fallout 3 a reason to flame the game. Most haters, ironically, have and will never play Fallout 3.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Also, FYI, about half the people on this forum hated Oblivion, and Fallout 3 went in the direction they wanted it to go. More streamlined, less MMOish, and with a much more interesting battle system and immersive world.

What isn't true, is the assertion that everyone loved Oblivion and it's unarguably a better game than Fallout 3.

I think the Oblivion hating community on this forum would disagree.

I also believe imo, that Oblivion was good, but not a 90+ game. I feel Fallout 3 is game of the year.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Pharaoh said:

So I just beat Fallout 3 on PS3 and I have to say I hate you to bethesda.  The gameplay was awesome yes, until the end.  When you beat the main story, it ends!!!!  You can't play anymore, that's it.  To compound this problem more, the story line was only around 6 hours long.  Come on!!  I was really getting into this game, and everything about it but it ends so abruptly. I mean Oblivion lasted forever, a great game.

The boss fight, and the events leading up to it was probably the easiest ever.  I died twice in the whole game, and that was because of taking on a deathclaw when I was lvl 5.  I really expected more from this game, and it was fufilling those dreams until the short ending.

This game should not be ranked in the 90's and should not be a AAA title.  I guess the reviewers didn't get to finish it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after you finish Fallout 1/2, the game ends, correct? What's the difference? If your upset the game ends, then just re-load before you start the Take It Back! quest and fiinish everything else.

Also, the main story is 6hrs long if you just hammer through it without taking the time to actually enjoy it. How long did you spend in Tranqulity Lane alone?

You are arguing that the game is short, yet the fact is that if you bothered beating all of the side quests (the major ones, mind you), your going to spend no less than 60hrs completing it.

There are tons of perks, special weapons, and neat 'goodies' to be had by completing side quests, and just generally exploring. I have 92 unique locations discovered, and still only have 4/20 bobbleheads found, and 3/5 Super Behemoths' killed.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Pharaoh said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after you finish Fallout 1/2, the game ends, correct? What's the difference? If your upset the game ends, then just re-load before you start the Take It Back! quest and fiinish everything else.

Also, the main story is 6hrs long if you just hammer through it without taking the time to actually enjoy it. How long did you spend in Tranqulity Lane alone?

You are arguing that the game is short, yet the fact is that if you bothered beating all of the side quests (the major ones, mind you), your going to spend no less than 60hrs completing it.

There are tons of perks, special weapons, and neat 'goodies' to be had by completing side quests, and just generally exploring. I have 92 unique locations discovered, and still only have 4/20 bobbleheads found, and 3/5 Super Behemoths' killed.

Yeah, you can actually beat Fallout 2 in like 11 minutes.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
routsounmanman said:
Pharaoh said:

Bah, I think that's BS. Claiming that this gen is vastly over-rated just because you remember past games better than they really were. Fallout 2 is a great game, but Morrowind?

One guy pissed off over the ending of a game doesn't make this game over-rated. It does however, give haters of the HD generation, and haters of Bethesda/Fallout 3 a reason to flame the game. Most haters, ironically, have and will never play Fallout 3.

Have u even played Morrowind? I was hyped for Oblivion a year prior to its release, logged in at elderscrolls.com every single day, joined the forums,etc yet in the end, the game dissapointed me to no end (although certainly not a bad game). Oblivion is generic, flat and boring to explore, the main mission is a total failure and Cyrodiil is empty and souless.

About the general HD era, maybe I overreacted, but I hate to see inferior, overbloated, phantasmagoric and cinematic sequels overshadow their previous iterations due to graphics, AI and mainly, hype and marketing. Tons of examples like ES IV:Oblivion, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Soul Calibur 4, Super Paper Mario, Zelda Twilight Princess, Heroes of Might and Magic 5, etc.