By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Strike! Hot Shots Golf Sells ~50% (150k) first day!

@ BiggerBoat

Not bad but far from the system saviour some were hoping.

I thought the Final Fantasy games are considered here to be the primary anticipated PS3 system seller for
Japan.

Most wanted games according to Famitsu recently:

1. (1 / 1) Dragon Quest IX NDS Square Enix

2. (2 / 2) Final Fantasy XIII PS3 Square Enix

3. (3 / 3) Biohazard 5 PS3 Capcom

4. (5 / 6) Monster Hunter 3 PS3 Capcom

5. (4 / 4) Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Konami

6. (6 / 7) Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii Nintendo

7. (8 / 8) Everybody’s Golf 5 PS3 Sony

Anyway if 150K, that sounds like most excellent first day figures! 

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Fair enough i will accept your translation if you are German.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

...Which shows that a good game can do well on the PS3, which means its not a disaster. What really matters now, if that with HSG, that hardware sales will improve.

Remember, the PS3 at one point was selling ~8,500 a week, and is now selling 13k a week. That's a major improvement (50%). But like what Blue Dragon did for X360, HSG needs to become the driving force to move consoles, not just now, but a month from now if the PS3 is in a drought. It's likely that the PS3 *could* start selling ~17.5k a week permanantly, but we'll just have to see.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

German is his first language.

And his translation was correct. But as a side note, the article says it sold out 50% at "some" retailers, which means the average should be a bit lower. Maybe 120k.

hot shots Golf vs. Mario Party round 2

Resistance: Fall of Man - Checked off the list

Motorstorm - Checked off the list

Virtua Fighter 5 - Checked off the list

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Checked off the list

Hot Shots Golf 5 - Checked off the list

So what system savior is next?

Around the Network

Lair and Heavenly Sword.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

There is no exact system savior, but each game has helped improve sales from abysmal to bad. The jury is still out on where HSG puts PS3 sales @ the end of the week.

Question: what happens if the PS3 moves 40-45k h/w units this week? Is it considered a failure, or what? Everyone is quick to judge on both sides: one side thinks 1 game will magically save a system, and the other thinks that since it hasn't, the PS3 is un-savable.

Maybe, just maybe, that no game will randomly save the PS3 in Japan, but a good steady release of strong titles for the J-market might, just might, increase sales enough to a decent level to compete at 2:1 versus the Wii in 2008?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Monster hunter 3 and Final Fantasy XIII are the only things I see saving the PS3 in Japan

it sold up to 50% in many businesses, come on guys that is pretty vague. Lets wait til we get shinobi numbers. BTW the title is misleading.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

http://digg.com/playstation_3/Things_are_looking_up_for_PS3_in_Japan_Hot_Shots_Golf_5_sells_150k_day_1