By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Strike! Hot Shots Golf Sells ~50% (150k) first day!

fabinou said:
So definitly HSG5 is not the systeme saviour all Sonyfans were waiting...

So... Next ?

Are you kidding? This number is freaking huge. It makes my prediction (220k) pretty likely...

Around the Network

Lifetime predictions? Around 350-450k

It's a very decent amount, should be good to see how it looks in a week or two

As mrstickball did, i'm comparing it to the PS3's top selling game in Japan, which is at about 280k TOTAL -- 150k-ish is very good for first day

Do you guys know that the first shipment was 300'000 units that you think it sold 150k? because the article states nowhere how much the shipment was.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Basically for the antisony bunch any game that doesnt sell first week as much as the cumulated sales of Wii Sports and that doesnt make the PS3 sell 100K for weeks or better still a global sold out is a total failure .

Around the Network
nintendo_fanboy said:
Do you guys know that the first shipment was 300'000 units that you think it sold 150k? because the article states nowhere how much the shipment was.

Well it was some 300K two months ago ....maybe right now is something more  .And this probably doesnt include the  bundles .We will have to wait a week to know better .

mrstickball said:

Original Text:

Gamefront

26.07.07 - Sonys Sportspiel Everybody's Golf 5 (jap. 'Minna no Golf 5') kam heute in den Handel in Japan und hat einen guten Start hingelegt. Das geht aus Großhandelskreisen hervor.

Demnach ist das Spiel in vielen Geschäften bereits zu 50 Prozent ausverkauft. Der Handel schätzt, dass Everybody's Golf 5 am Ende sogar öfter verkauft werden könnte als Gundam (300.000 St.).

This is how I would translate it:

Sony's sports game Everybody's Golf 5 (jap. 'Minna no Golf 5') reached stores in Japan today and made a good start. This is what traders are telling.

Accordingly to them, the game is already sold out to 50 % in many stores. Traders are expecting that Everybody's Golf could even sell better at the end than Gundam (300'000 units).

Not a perfect translation, but maybe a little easier to read than the one from freetranslation.com.

Do you read and speak German nintendofanboy?

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Yes, German is my native language.

Diomedes1976 said:
a global sold out is a total failure .

is this the new definition of failure?