By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who should play solid snake in MGS Movie?

There is a movie coming out of Metal Gear Solid next year in June.Who would be the best actor to play Solid Snake.Below are some of the best actors to play the role:

Shia LaBeouf

Christian Bale

Vin Diesel

Matt Damon

Bruce Willis (old snake)

Who do you want to see as solid snake in the movie?

Around the Network

Shia LaBeouf? Get the fuck out.

Kurt Russell, 20 years ago. See Escape From New York and you'll know what I mean.

RED53DEVILS: Hey boss, I have a great idea for a new videogame movie.

Boss: I'm listening...

RED53DEVILS: It's going to be based of the game "Metal Gear Solid" and the main character is this guy named "Solid Snake"

Boss: Sounds good, I've played MGS before. Now who's playing as Snake?

RED53DEVILS: Shia LaBeouf

Boss: ..what?

RED53DEVILS: You know, the guy that was in transformers and Indiana Jones, Shia LaBe-

Boss: you're fired.

RED53DEVILS: but-

Boss: Get the fuck out of my office.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Kurt Russell, 20 years ago. See Escape From New York and you'll know what I mean.

There's a reason for that, alot of Snake's original attributes were drawn from Russell and those Escape from movies (apparently).

Anyway, Shia Lebouf and Christian Bale suggestions sounds like you took two "it" actors of the moment and just suggested them, since neither really suit snake at any age (except christian bale's voice might suit snake a bit).

I'd love to see a 3D MGS movie, screw live action. But if they must go live action, I don't really care about the actor playing snake, I would want (though it'll never happen) Hayter to dub over the actor to voice snake. Of course that'd require an relatively un-known actor so that most people won't have a voice associated with that face, which'll probably never happen.

Around the Network

Yeah, I know @ CAL4M1TY. It just makes the movie all the more awesome :D

They should just get Hugh Jackman and make him wear high heels.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Agreed,

I knew at least one person would suggest this before even opening this thread.

David Hayter!

Seriously though, I think Tom Cruise could do it pretty well (except for the fact that he can't act anymore)

Yeah, I suppose Christian Bale would work.

Why NOT David Hayter? Nobody does the voice better than him.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Why NOT David Hayter? Nobody does the voice better than him.

Definitly David Hayter, end of the thread.