By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's horsepower explained.

exit52000 said:

This is just typical forum bs.

Most of you are giving YOUR opinion about how powerful the Wii is compared to the last generation of consoles.

The article is from a Developer actually writing games for the console in question.

Now who might be right.

Joe Bloggs or a developer (who has to know most if not all of the capabilities of a machine).  You decide, actually dont.  If you have commented in the Thread on what you think the power of the Wii is then your not capable of deciding.

Yeah man, many seem to forget that we have changed generation...its like they have stuck 6-7 years ago.

Around the Network

Wait! we're 10 pages in and nobody made this joke.

The Wii's horsepower, right here baby.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

CPU - OK, but how about GPU ?
errrr ... and no ... The Conduit looks like xbox game, but is not even close to PS360 games.

I dunno about that article, it sounds a tad too optimistic about the Wii's abilities.. Case in point: the Conduit does look nice, but it most certainly never looked like a PS3/Xbox 360 'AAA' FPS title.

Just take one look at CoD4 and then tell me the Conduit is in the same league. To me it's just not happening.

BrayanA said:
CPU - OK, but how about GPU ?

That's exactly what i'm saying, The man talks about the CPU only and then he puts in the formula WHOLE CONSOLES, he should put "2 Pentium 3Cs + 2 Emotion Engines" and i still wouldn't believe it, but it's actually closer than putting 2 whole Xboxes + 2 whole PS2s...

Around the Network

Yeah OriGin, video game systems are "tough". LOL, you sound more like a fanboy than the guy that posted this thread.

Wichdog69

it's true that GameCube has the best graphics last gen!!

and the Wii has awesome graphics as well, maybe not Ps3 graphics, but look at Monster Hunter 3 for example, it looks better than The Conduit!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Monster Hunter 3 does look better than the Conduit, but that's just the generally preffered art direction by most players commenting on the Conduit not looking better than gamex that uses similar art style of Monster Hunter.

Fantasy/Cartoony.

^_^

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@The Anarchyz & BrayanA The problem is the Hollywood(wii's Gpu) is very obscure where we know very little about it. We know it uses TeVs, and many other things similar to the GC's gpu, but other than that we can't specify how much was upgraded and how much wasn't. I could tell you for sure though that it is more powerful than the Xbox's, Gc's(obviously), or PS2's Gpus.

The biggest difference between the Xbox and the GC was the TL engine. The Xbox could push more polys, but the GC could out texture it in its sleep (if used properly).