By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Say something negative about your console of choice

BenKenobi88 said: I know the PS3 version is better...but still...eh. i've done it before, it's not like it's an original PS3 download or anything
There are at least 4 different things you can be. Each with UNIQUE attributes. Also. Someone on this site is in the credits. ;)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

That's cool...I'm not saying it's a bad game...it's just everybody always mentions flOw when they talk about the PS3...and it's hardly original...the flash game had at least 2 things you could be as far as I know.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said: That's cool...I'm not saying it's a bad game...it's just everybody always mentions flOw when they talk about the PS3...and it's hardly original...the flash game had at least 2 things you could be as far as I know.
Yeah, but in the flash game, both are identical... other than where your 'weak spots' are. The PS3 each diffrent creature is totally diffrent. Also the controls are better on the PS3. It's not a 60$ game. But for 8$ it is AWOSOME.

Yeah, for $8 it looks sweet. It's just weird how that's the coolest thing on PS3 apparently.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Wii: They should have marked the "up" direction for the discs to be inserted, I've seen more than one person try to put them in upside down. It would be nice if there was slightly better cooling when it's in standby mode, I've heard of some consoles overheating and being damaged. The Wii could also use more internal flash, or at least the ability to use SD cards for executables. It would be nice to be able to use wireless keyboards, a bluetooth keyboard (perhaps even a mouse) should be well within the realm of possibility. The interface is a bit limited, although the simplicity is likely intended to reach a wider audience. Still, it would be nice to have a hierarchial interface in places. Subscreens for each game platform for the virtual console (say, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. subscreens) wouldn't hurt. I suppose a firmware update will fix some of these issues. Most likely we'll get external USB storage support first, but it seems that executing VC games and applications from SD should be easy to add. We should be able to swap in and out SD cards like rewriteable game carts. I'm not interested in the graphics power struggle, and the Wii is the only "Next Gen" console I own, so that's really about it for me. I'm overall very happy with the purchase.

Around the Network

BenKenobi88 said: Yeah, for $8 it looks sweet. It's just weird how that's the coolest thing on PS3 apparently.
Because it's the best thing on the PS3 right now... That is sad. However PS3 starts selling in 2-3 weeks. And then 4-8 is gonna be sick. :P

Fl0w is easily worth the 8 bucks and far superior to blast factor.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Wii: * Expensive, or at least relative to the power. * The game I want haven't been released yet. * VC creates one new channel for each new game instead of a under group. * Can't play VC games from SD-card.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

I don't have a Wii, but I'm most likely going to have one at some point when there's more excellent games, black color and a lower price. Critic: -I personally would've wanted HD graphics capability. Nintendo could have risked and sold the console making loss. Some games could have really benefitted from great physics capabilities. -Nintendo's VC games should be free, at least some of them -one good controller for Gamecube, VC and non-wiimote Wii games. Now there's a lot confusion over Wiimote/GC controller/classic controller -there doesn't seem to be new interesting and high quality N franchises on the way. -No crappy ports anymore. More of the original games like Elebits and games with real time motion sensing. -recharchable/normal batteries cost a lot -no DVD movie playback yet (let's see if they cash with Wii 1.1 DVD)

shams said: stof said: Hey look, my "lets show that we're not all immature fanboys" thread turned into childish arguments between fanboys. thanks Kwaad. I'll second that - come on guys. Still to the thread post. If you want to retort/reply to someone... keep it concise and relevant :)
I can't say anything negative about them because I don't have one of choice. But I will give reasons why I won't buy any right now. Playstation 3 - Costs too much and I am not sure it will last. I won't waste 600 bucks on a system that will fail. Maybe in a few years. Xbox 360 - I like some of the game coming out, But after my Xbox stopped playing new games I really don't trust this system to work for that long. Also I have heard horror stories about how loud it is and it breaking. Wii - Not a fan of the wiimote and Nunchuck, also this system has no games I am interested in, they all seem a little to childish for my tastes. They are focusing on a younger crowd and like the GameCube they have no mature games for an older audience, or atleast none I have seen beyond red steel.....which I admitt looked rather cool, but got some bad reviews.