By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How the mighty have fallen?

I got tired of playing SC4 and COD4 online so I decided to browse youtube for some videos of some of my old games. I watched videos of Parasite Eve 2, PE1, Xenogears, Vagrant Story and Chrono Cross. The videos were amazing!!! I thought to myself, why don't I get games like these to play anymore and then it struck me that all those games came from ONE company that hasn't got much justification for it's existence this gen.

Do you think I'm being too hard on Square or that their "time" has simply ended and some other company should have stepped up to the plate? Man, I miss those days...

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Squaresoft =/= Square Enix. Their time has ended a LONG time ago.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

They just need to reassemble the dream team, make the next Chrono game, and everything wil be forgiven

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

SHMUPGurus said:

...But it's still the same employees right? Or maybe they got old?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Maybe they just need to complete final fantasy xiii and lets just hope the Last Remnant is good

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

...But it's still the same employees right? Or maybe they got old?

Some of them left you know. How about the team that created Mistwalker? I'm sure there are many more...

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Was Square/Enix/square enix (so confused) the ones who made E.V.O. the search for eden???? Who exactly was the company in charge of that game?

Squaresoft peaked in the SNES/PS1 days. I don't know what happened, but starting with the PS2 they just haven't been the same.

Enix made E.V.O., Valkyria Profile and the Soul Blazer series.

Random game thought :

Squaresoft R.I.P. You are surely missed :(

www.jamesvandermemes.com