By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamepro - "Killzone 2 may be the best looking FPS ever"

blazinhead89 said:
ALL the Killzone Haters in here, why do you need to Marginalise Killzone ? @Shio Those Shots arent even fair,You posted A dark screenshot of Killzone but next to all the Light Filled Crysis ones, Hardly fair. Killzone 2 will be the KING of all shooters . QUOTE me on This.

Am i taking crazy pills or are ALL those shots from Crysis?

Around the Network
hsrob said:
blazinhead89 said:
ALL the Killzone Haters in here, why do you need to Marginalise Killzone ? @Shio Those Shots arent even fair,You posted A dark screenshot of Killzone but next to all the Light Filled Crysis ones, Hardly fair. Killzone 2 will be the KING of all shooters . QUOTE me on This.

Am i taking crazy pills or are ALL those shots from Crysis?

==> u are not taking crazy pills

Time to Work !

MikeB said:
@ vlad321

You are also right, it won't be on the PC but it's probably better this way. It would get low sales since PC gamers don't like the dumbed down console shooters

Sadly I have to break it to you, Call of Duty 4 was by far the best sold PC shooter last year. Sales were however dwarfed by the console versions.

Hate to tell you but COD4 wasnt that great,it was hyped up with a GOOD multiplayer,i call it COD2 with mods,cause thats what it is...

And you cant compare 2 major game console to computere cause not all computers can run COD  and the casuals buy it for console cause they dont know if there PC can run it.

If we're talking consoles only then I can agree.

4 ≈ One

libellule said:

I just played Crysis demo

I m not gonna bash KZ2 but Crysis (whatever u like or not the game) is so more detailed, possess a so much bigger scale that I doubt KZ2 will be superior to it (like keep saying shio)

but Artisticaly,           KZ2 >>>> Crysis / CoD4 / GoW2 / R2

Art is simple, (over) classic but so much INSPIRED !!!

The problem I had with Crysis was that it was only good in the beginning, but was then rather boring (with some cool spots like the start of the US assault on the island) until you have to escape the frozen sphere. The beginning of the game was really good because it gave you optional objectives and it felt more open and sneaky, but it all dies down once Prophet gets picked up by that alien.

I've seen people say that it sucks when you have to fight the aliens on the frozen island, but I was getting so bored with the constant objective to objective gameplay and stupid Korean soldiers that the tense mood of fighting off the aliens and trying to escape with other soldiers while being chased by the aliens kind of refreshed the gameplay.

When it comes to Crysis vs Killzone 2, I would still give Crysis the edge in graphics, especailly when you tweak the config files to get past that stupid artificial DX9 limitation they imposed to make DX10 look amazing since except for the lighting, it looks very similar to DX10. However, Killzone 2 could provide some better gameplay experiences because it's more linear and scripted. As cool as it was to have a large open environment to attack objectives, it became boring because it devolved into only having single objectives with a large amount of enemies at each one. This is where Crysis: Warhead seems to be improving on the original.

Around the Network

@ Garnett

Hate to tell you but COD4 wasnt that great,it was hyped up with a GOOD multiplayer,i call it COD2 with mods,cause thats what it is...

I haven't bought that game, I opted for Warhawk instead as it provides a far more unique take on multiplayer shooting with the awesome Warhawks up in the air, I just pointed out COD4 sold much better than Crysis did. The bulk of big PC shooters will also be on the consoles, it's exclusives which will get the most out of each platform, this is far more the case for the PC (better specced) and PS3 (better specced and requires significant game engine redesign) than it is for the 360.

Luckily on the PS3 we have games like Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, which have very solid and unique online multi-player support next to good single player campaigns.

Even Crytek stated they will be going multi-platform with regard to their future FPS games. Their game engine seems well suited for PS3 adaptation (heavily multi-threaded already), I wonder what they will come up with.

Probably there's going to be Gears 2 and Halo 3 for the PC and these will be some of the biggest PC 3D shooters in the future, but those would of course be 360 ports, build around the capabilities of what the 360 can accomplish at its core, maybe a few improvements here and there combined with certainly higher potential resolutions and framerates. IMO it doesn't look very good with regard to PC exclusive shooters for the long run.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I must say I was impressed with the recent KZ2 trailer, especially in how life-like the animations were. Though I'm not really certain that I sniper would be sitting cross-legged in a combat situation... but nevertheless, the game is looking really, really good. Better than Crysis, though? I don't think so. The amount of detail in the graphics in Crysis is stunning, from what I've seen, and the draw distance is astounding (the engine allows drawing distances up to 16 kilometers!). Because of the limited memory in consoles, it's impossible to match Crysis on all levels, but obviously with some trade-offs it's possible to get very impressive results from the HD consoles.

Why does almost every thread about KZ2 graphics turn into a Crysis vs KZ2 comparison. I can understand the excitement of ps3 fanboys as I am one myself. However I don't know why so many feel the need to compare the two. PS3 owners should be happy that they have such an awesome exclusive game coming out on their platform and just leave it at that. /rant

Having said that it would be nice if a few of the PC enthusiasts here stopped viewing all ps3 fans as blind fanboys. For the record I do think that Crysis is superior graphically but that is to be expected when it is running on max settings on a powerful gaming rig.

I am not very informed on Crysis or Killzone 2 but I have a couple of questions here that I feel is worth asking.

Crysis is said to look a lot better, but does Crysis have nearly as much going on in the background and during gunfights that Killzone 2 does?

Does Crysys physics match up to Killzone 2? Like when you shoot enemies in Crysis do they respond to each bullet hit the way they do in Killzone 2?

This would be something to note if it does not.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

nothing can beat Crysis or Warhead, dont be silly...