By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamepro - "Killzone 2 may be the best looking FPS ever"

lwhatee said:
shio said:
lwhatee said:
Solid_Raiden said:
If you don't include Crysis and Crysis warhead then I would have to agree. I don't see anything else released or releasing in the near future with visuals as good as KZ2.

dude KZ2 looks better than both Crysis and Crysis warhead

try getting into the beta and u will see

lol?

sorry all those are BULLSHOTS and FAKE shots

Crysis doesnt look like that in real life

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=3nzMdPwO2Qw

those are all TARGET RENDERS and FAKE

shut up, those shots were taken by a normal gamer, they weren't even from Crytek.

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
Killzone 2 is the best looking FPS of all time when it is in motion. If you take it on screen for screen with Crysis the PS3 just does not have the RAM to be able to compete texture wise. Crysis's problem is once you get those graphics in motion, the horrible animations make for a huge uncanny valley effect. Killzone 2 may very well have the best motion/animation of any game ever made.

If you go back to an interview in about 2004 with Kaz Hari, there was a question to him about the future of graphics. He said at Sony they felt that the furture did not revolve so much around polygons, shaders, and textures, but perhapps in the animation feild. It is not even arguable whether they were right or not. Go play MLB The Show on PSP and watch how the fielders play the ball. Even as low detailed, very small charictor models it is easy to see how Sony's investment in animation has payed off.

I am very interested to see what more Killzone 2 has to offer. So far we have only seen to levels of this game, and based on previous Killzone titles their will probably be around 20 in all. It will be very interesting to see a vegitation level in the game to compete with the pics above. I feel that we will see a softer side of the Helgahst at some point in this game. I think that they like every socity have some good souls amoung them.

Fanboy, Crysis is better.

KZ2 has a great potential as well, but It might also end up being a COD4 in space.

I will never expect a console to produce better graphics than a beefy PC...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I really hope this will turn out to great.

I just played Crysis demo

I m not gonna bash KZ2 but Crysis (whatever u like or not the game) is so more detailed, possess a so much bigger scale that I doubt KZ2 will be superior to it (like keep saying shio)

but Artisticaly,           KZ2 >>>> Crysis / CoD4 / GoW2 / R2

Art is simple, (over) classic but so much INSPIRED !!!

Time to Work !

Ask MakinMusic, he'll tell you how awesome Killzone2 is

Around the Network
libellule said:

I just played Crysis demo

I m not gonna bash KZ2 but Crysis (whatever u like or not the game) is so more detailed, possess a so much bigger scale that I doubt KZ2 will be superior to it (like keep saying shio)

but Artisticaly,           KZ2 >>>> Crysis / CoD4 / GoW2 / R2

Art is simple, (over) classic but so much INSPIRED !!!

True, reviews on Killzone 1 were negative but I played it anyway because of the story and art.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Crysis is still considered to be the best looking PC game, but I prefer the looks of Killzone 2. It's due to a combination of art direction/assets, amazing effects (such as the game's lighting) and animation.

PC vs PS3, modern PCs have the advantage of being able to do higher resolutions and higher framerates. Having said that 720p with a solid 30 FPS is enough for the bulk of console games to provide a superior experience on a big HDTV screen (vs the 17 inch monitor I have on my desk and I don't want a bigger screen in my workroom anyhow). For me no fuss living room gaming is far more appealing, wireless Sixaxis controllers, big screen HDTV, kick ass 7.1 audio, etc.

The PS3 has some important strongpoints compared to PC game potential, for one developers can focus on one specific core hardware configuration, secondly there is the Cell processor which provides various potential advantages (with effort) over much more costly PC processors regarding games/multi-media potential and the PS3 has Blu-Ray which allows for more content and graphics/audio content on a single disc.

In any case Killzone 2 will be PS3 exclusive, nomatter costly modern PCs are capable of doing the game better in theory the game will not be on the PC. Killzone 2 may well become the best looking FPS. A new PC game may require 6 GBs of RAM, 1 GB video RAM, a 16 core CPU and what not and run in 120 FPS, 2160p and still not look as good as Killzone 2.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

shio said:
lwhatee said:
Solid_Raiden said:
If you don't include Crysis and Crysis warhead then I would have to agree. I don't see anything else released or releasing in the near future with visuals as good as KZ2.

dude KZ2 looks better than both Crysis and Crysis warhead

try getting into the beta and u will see

lol?

LOL. Someone just got severely PWNED 

MikeB said:

Crysis is still considered to be the best looking PC game, but I prefer the looks of Killzone 2. It's due to a combination of art direction/assets, amazing effects (such as the game's lighting) and animation.

PC vs PS3, modern PCs have the advantage of being able to do higher resolutions and higher framerates. Having said that 720p with a solid 30 FPS is enough for the bulk of console games to provide a superior experience on a big HDTV screen (vs the 17 inch monitor I have on my desk and I don't want a bigger screen in my workroom anyhow). For me no fuss living room gaming is far more appealing, wireless Sixaxis controllers, big screen HDTV, kick ass 7.1 audio, etc.

The PS3 has some important strongpoints compared to PC game potential, for one developers can focus on one specific core hardware configuration, secondly there is the Cell processor which provides various potential advantages (with effort) over much more costly PC processors regarding games/multi-media potential and the PS3 has Blu-Ray which allows for more content and graphics/audio content on a single disc.

In any case Killzone 2 will be PS3 exclusive, nomatter costly modern PCs are capable of doing the game better in theory the game will not be on the PC. Killzone 2 may well become the best looking FPS. A new PC game may require 6 GBs of RAM, 1 GB video RAM, a 16 core CPU and what not and run in 120 FPS, 2160p and still not look as good as Killzone 2.

Fanboys at their best. Look at the shots above. Dude nothing in KZ2 comes close to that. Not even close. Next.

doesn't matter if it's the best looking , it looks awesome
@selnor: where did he mention kz2 better than crysis?