By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's clear this up! What do Sony fans expect LBP to sell?

DMeisterJ said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
There was another thread from months ago, when were expecting it to be a megaton, and I said 4 million expected, 6 million exceed expectations, 2 million or below flop. I think those still stand.

Link or it didn't happen.

lol, well it didn't happen then, cause I'm not digging up links for you DMJ. You pay me for that.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Life Time Sales...

That's a tough one. Should sell near the same as Fable 2 upon release, and given the holiday season soon I'd say about 2~ million by Jan 09 to carry on eventually to around 4~ million mark.

Good to see this site is still going 

alot.... LBP is a new generation of games

I really dont understand all the hate towards LBP its like everyone wants it to flop big time, i mean we havent even seen yet how the sales will be in Us , Europe or Japan , yes Japan first day sales and it did 30k many games havent even done that in a week.

Yes people sayed that it will be huge and sell 5 million atleast and those were only prediction and those who predicted it will it crow maybe depending how it will do, also if the game manage to become a million seller which it probaly will the MM and Sony should be happy i dont think they expected it to sell like Gran turismo.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
DMeisterJ said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
There was another thread from months ago, when were expecting it to be a megaton, and I said 4 million expected, 6 million exceed expectations, 2 million or below flop. I think those still stand.

Link or it didn't happen.

lol, well it didn't happen then, cause I'm not digging up links for you DMJ. You pay me for that.

So it didn't happen then.

I mean, we can't go around saying things and our word being our bond.  If you don't have links to back up your statement, it is automatically false.  Especially in the age of the internet.  Finding this so called thread would be as simple as using the awesome "Site Search" feature.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
starcraft said:
shanbcn said:

I remember when people like Starcraft were making fun of PS fanboys when they said Uncharted will pass 1 million. Now that game is close to 2 million and selling better then ME and Bioshock. Both these over rated game sold just around 2 million on much bigger install base.

I never said anything about Uncharted struggling to sell 1 million to my knowledge.

Link?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=319099

In the holiday season of 2007, the PS3 hit around 9 million units (way more than 360s first year). However, you said that because of its' "poor user base" Uncharted sold poorly......and Ratchet and Clank too for that matter (this is not exactly saying that 'Uncharted will struggle to get to 1 million' but is pretty indicitive of the assumption looking at the alleged "poor userbase" and the opening weeks numbers). The thing that startled me the most was that when the 360 had a similar userbase, games like Dead Rising and Viva Pinata sold over a million....yet for some reason the 360 userbase wasn't "poor", it was just "more" at the time.....hypocrisy, I tell you.

Lol.

At the time of the post. Uncharted HAD sold poorly relative to expectations.

And then they DID bundle it.  And look where it is now. 

And I said nothing about Dead Rising, and Viva Pinata got where it is because of bundling.

Next time choose a post where I didn't turn out to be completely correct.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

DMeisterJ said:

Wow.

pwnt.

While starcraft didn't say it'd struggle to sell 1 million, he did say the game 'sold poorly' Indicative of thinking that the game was done selling when he made this post (12/6/07).  So in the essence of the game selling poorly, he was grossly incorrect, but he never said it'd struggle to sell 1 mil.

Bolded one =/= bolded two.

You have made a fundamentally flawed assumption.

And you really have to stop saying pawned before I respond, it just means I end up making you look silly when I make the other guy look silly.

Don't make yourself an unnecessary sacrificial lamb DMJ.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Tbone said:

I really dont understand all the hate towards LBP its like everyone wants it to flop big time, i mean we havent even seen yet how the sales will be in Us , Europe or Japan , yes Japan first day sales and it did 30k many games havent even done that in a week.

Yes people sayed that it will be huge and sell 5 million atleast and those were only prediction and those who predicted it will it crow maybe depending how it will do, also if the game manage to become a million seller which it probaly will the MM and Sony should be happy i dont think they expected it to sell like Gran turismo.

it's getting to the point of foolishness!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

selnor said:
Max King of the Wild said:
selnor said:
I'm confused. IS LBP out in Americas????

VGC homepage has LBP first week sales for LBP as 164,000. The same week that Fable 2 did 705,000

American Top 5, 25th Oct 2008
1 Fable II 705,162
2 Wii Sports 260,139
3 Wii Fit 168,419
4 LittleBigPlanet 164,434
5 Far Cry 2 116,358

Going by this as I said many times before it's all forum internet hype and is very niche market.

I expect possibly 1.3 mill by Dec 31st (that could be generous) and maybe possibly 2.4 mill LT.

Right now vgchartz has the copies sold that werent suppose to sell. ioi already confirmed week0 was very limited release and week 1 will be higher. so next weeks data will be more than 164k

Ah thanks for clearing that up. I didnt realise it released then got taken off shelves. Still my actual opinion of sales of this game dont change. Final predictions from me. Dec 31st = 1.5 mill LT = 2.5 mill. If bundled alot probably get to 3.5mill

This game is getting bundled in Europe and Japan, Japans bundle includes 2xDS3 controller instead of one, there is also a Game + Controller bundle ala wii sport in Japan for every colour of PS3 out, on top of that Australia is getting this game for FREE each time anyone purchase a new PS3 from launch (Oct 7) regardless of what bundle you get, considering how heavily this game is being marketed, I cannot see it selling less than 3 mil LTD.

1 mill easy.

2/3 possible this year do to ads leading up to xmas.

How long will it be updated before sequel talk takes over. How long before it becomes a greatest hits title.

between 3 to 9 million.