By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's clear this up! What do Sony fans expect LBP to sell?

dbot said:
starcraft said:
Lafiel said:
in my opinion (and ofcourse I can't speak for all the "Sony fans") it's expected to atleast break 1 million, does very good if it reaches 2 million and is huge if it manages to sell more than 3 million copies

this year it should be able to make it to the 1 million mark everyone is expecting of it

I would say that this is close.

I expect 1.5 to be the mimimum to avoid the impression of failure (relatively speaking of course.  These sales would make it a commercial success).

I believe good is 2.5.

I believe 3.5 is extremely good.

I believe 4 million is huge.  I also do not believe the title will make 4 million within the next two years.

Did you just say "LBP will be huge"?

Maybe.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I'd say three million LTD at the absolute very most.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

steverhcp02 said:
lapsed_gamer said:
steverhcp02 said:
lapsed_gamer said:
steverhcp02 said:
ya know. We could have 99 people here articulate their answer intelligently and even be correct....and we could have 1 crazzy man, and starcraft and others would still say "sony fans" in response to that one person. *sigh*

What about these Sony fans?

oh i see youre citing a random internet poll that could allow for multiple profiles, perhaps no profiles at all....and the absense of any reasoning to see if whoever is voting in these polls either A) has any idea what theyre talking about or B) can put together a coherant sentence.

Yeah lets get those "sony fans" nice detective work gumshoe.

Okay, fine. Then please be one of the 99 people and articulate your answer.

i dont have a clue. thus im keeping my mouth shut. See how that works? when i dont know enough about something i dont chime in. it does wonders.

Are you backing off this prediction? Even if Fable 2 is only comparable to the first, then this prediction is huge.

Edit: not reading slowly enough. I am sorry.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

lapsed_gamer said:
steverhcp02 said:
lapsed_gamer said:
steverhcp02 said:
lapsed_gamer said:
steverhcp02 said:
ya know. We could have 99 people here articulate their answer intelligently and even be correct....and we could have 1 crazzy man, and starcraft and others would still say "sony fans" in response to that one person. *sigh*

oh i see youre citing a random internet poll that could allow for multiple profiles, perhaps no profiles at all....and the absense of any reasoning to see if whoever is voting in these polls either A) has any idea what theyre talking about or B) can put together a coherant sentence.

i dont have a clue. thus im keeping my mouth shut. See how that works? when i dont know enough about something i dont chime in. it does wonders.

Are you backing off this prediction? Even if Fable 2 is only comparable to the first, then this prediction is huge.

The only predictions I saw in there were that LBP will be huge, and that LBP will at least triple Too Human's sales.  >_>

makingmusic476 said:
lapsed_gamer said:
steverhcp02 said:
lapsed_gamer said:
steverhcp02 said:
lapsed_gamer said:
steverhcp02 said:

The only predictions I saw in there were that LBP will be huge, and that LBP will at least triple Too Human's sales.  >_>

Wow, I completely misread that. I am sorry.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network

Mi prediction always was and still is 3 to 4 million, and for me is the definition of "huge", but in another thread i said that if it passes i'll add on my signature for 2 months "LBP is not huge, is COLOSSUS"...

starcraft said:
shanbcn said:

I remember when people like Starcraft were making fun of PS fanboys when they said Uncharted will pass 1 million. Now that game is close to 2 million and selling better then ME and Bioshock. Both these over rated game sold just around 2 million on much bigger install base.

I never said anything about Uncharted struggling to sell 1 million to my knowledge.

Link?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=319099

In the holiday season of 2007, the PS3 hit around 9 million units (way more than 360s first year). However, you said that because of its' "poor user base" Uncharted sold poorly......and Ratchet and Clank too for that matter (this is not exactly saying that 'Uncharted will struggle to get to 1 million' but is pretty indicitive of the assumption looking at the alleged "poor userbase" and the opening weeks numbers). The thing that startled me the most was that when the 360 had a similar userbase, games like Dead Rising and Viva Pinata sold over a million....yet for some reason the 360 userbase wasn't "poor", it was just "more" at the time.....hypocrisy, I tell you.

i expect half a million and no less. anything more than that would be considered a success.

4 million. I think LBP's gona run a marathon not a sprint