By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's clear this up! What do Sony fans expect LBP to sell?

-takes a look at sig-

im optimistic

Around the Network

If vgchartz numbers are right and dont get adjusted down, this game will cruise past 1mil in America alone. Should do quite well in Europe too. But low Japan sales will hold this game back from reaching MGS 4 levels. I'd go with 3.5 mil lifetime. If it gets bundled and stays bundled, I can see 4.0 million - 4.5 million.

@Aj_Habfan

LBP should cruise past MGS4 in NA.....maybe not in EU

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

BMaker11 said:
starcraft said:
shanbcn said:

I remember when people like Starcraft were making fun of PS fanboys when they said Uncharted will pass 1 million. Now that game is close to 2 million and selling better then ME and Bioshock. Both these over rated game sold just around 2 million on much bigger install base.

I never said anything about Uncharted struggling to sell 1 million to my knowledge.

Link?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=319099

In the holiday season of 2007, the PS3 hit around 9 million units (way more than 360s first year). However, you said that because of its' "poor user base" Uncharted sold poorly......and Ratchet and Clank too for that matter (this is not exactly saying that 'Uncharted will struggle to get to 1 million' but is pretty indicitive of the assumption looking at the alleged "poor userbase" and the opening weeks numbers). The thing that startled me the most was that when the 360 had a similar userbase, games like Dead Rising and Viva Pinata sold over a million....yet for some reason the 360 userbase wasn't "poor", it was just "more" at the time.....hypocrisy, I tell you.

Wow.

pwnt.

While starcraft didn't say it'd struggle to sell 1 million, he did say the game 'sold poorly' Indicative of thinking that the game was done selling when he made this post (12/6/07).  So in the essence of the game selling poorly, he was grossly incorrect, but he never said it'd struggle to sell 1 mil.

lifetime? well depends on when they release that friggen sequel but in this year? prolly like 4 to 6 mil!

Around the Network

1.5m this year, 4m LTD

Thx to the bundles in Europe 2 million LTD :).

There was another thread from months ago, when were expecting it to be a megaton, and I said 4 million expected, 6 million exceed expectations, 2 million or below flop. I think those still stand.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

kitler53 said:
Max King of the Wild said:

I have never seen 4mil min. in with sony fans.... but judging from your recent threads you've made this is just some more flamebait.... sigh.

i've remember claims as high as 10M.  can't remember who so it wasn't nessassarily an active member but still.

"LBP will be huge"....you can't tell me you haven't seen that stated about half a billion times on these forums.

If it wasn't an active member it may as well never have been said.

also, LBP is huge and everyone who stated that turned out to be right.

I expect the game to be a million seller. I'm no analyst, but I'll guess 2 mill by the years end...

ZenfoldorVGI said:
There was another thread from months ago, when were expecting it to be a megaton, and I said 4 million expected, 6 million exceed expectations, 2 million or below flop. I think those still stand.

Link or it didn't happen.