By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (10/30)

Hot Shots Golf actually had decent legs on the PS3.

Around the Network
Zuhyc said:
Hot Shots Golf actually had decent legs on the PS3.

Depending if you consider ''decent'' 7k after its 10th week.

hot shots did 3x first week sales, yea that's way better than other ps3 games but nothing compared to many games on wii and ds.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I think LBP will do 160k - 220k LTD at the end of the gen. Personally I think that's very decent, but compared to most Sony fans here it would be a complete flop.

These numbers are a tad disappointing, unless there are more bundles than I expected.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I wouldn't make predictions based on a Thursday launch day, I wouldn't be surpised if LBP should fare much better on Friday and Saturday.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

@ alby: isn't every game launched on Thursday over there? If so, we can judge based on these numbers, as it is the same for other Thursday launches.

LBP was supposed to save PS3 in Japan (according to many people on this forum, untill the release of FFXIII and GT5), but this did not help as much as they expected i think. Sony have focused to much on the West this gen, and forgot about Japan.

papflesje said:
@ alby: isn't every game launched on Thursday over there? If so, we can judge based on these numbers, as it is the same for other Thursday launches.

You left me in doubt, so I checked: launches are quite spread along the week, but a lot of them happen on Thursday there, indeed. Maybe it's on purpose, so that blockbuster titles get sold out anyway, while titles that aren't so eagerly awaited may get some word-of-mouth help before the weekend shopping. But comparing LBP with well known blockbuster games isn't very telling anyway, unlike the latter, the former needs some feedback before customers that aren't already well-disposed start mass buying it. So IMHO it may flop or rock or simply fare decently, but we cannot be sure from day one sales, while for known and loved series first day can tell us more and the possible surprise may instead be a sudden drop after a crazy start, this can happen if a game is released with unbearable bugs.

What I can see happen, instead, is that after all this talk, and being launched last here, most will find EU results lower than expected, unless they are insanely high. It's an obvious consequence of all the hype, but I guess Sony doesn't care, they simply want sales to be as high as possible, public perception about them is secondary, maybe if fans feel LBP deserves better results and start actively promoting it (well, actually, if they start promoting it even more than now) to help it, it's even better for Sony.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Lolcislaw said:
LBP was supposed to save PS3 in Japan (according to many people on this forum, untill the release of FFXIII and GT5), but this did not help as much as they expected i think. Sony have focused to much on the West this gen, and forgot about Japan.

can you back up this claim? because according to

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=46655&start=50

many people pretty much predicted the correct sales.