By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (10/30)

MDMAniac said:
Shame LBP went to wrong console

Agreed. It would have sold much more on PSP and PS2. PS3 is close to dead in Japan, it's like trying to revive the deceased at this point.

Around the Network

Isn't LBP a first party game?

Star Scream said:
MDMAniac said:

Agreed. It would have sold much more on PSP and PS2. PS3 is close to dead in Japan, it's like trying to revive the deceased at this point.

Doesn't make any sense to put it on the PSP/2 just because of Japan.  Especially when either way it was bound to get more sales in the west. 

I doubt it would do much better on the PS2 than the PS3.  Maybe a year or two ago, but a lot of PS3 multi-plat games have outsold the PS2 versions lately.  The exceptions being lego and movie games.  Not to mention a PS2 version would have likely had a less robust online system, and receive significantly less hype.

toys r us uk is also sold out. although amazon, gamestation and game have remaining stock.

I don't think many people expected LBP to have a huge first week in Japan, but there are those hoping that it can catch a little bit of fire and have good legs. This has yet to happen for a PS3 game (or a new IP anyway) but the type of game LBP is, I think it lends itself a little more opportunity to do that.

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:
MDMAniac said:

Agreed.  LBP on the PS2 would have sold 150k first day in Japan.

LBP would not have worked on a PS2, the quality of the game would have suffered

Star Scream said:
MDMAniac said:

That's the same thing people were saying about the 360 and now it's had its big "revival" with the release of games the Japanese people actually want.

Funny how that works...

carlos710 said:
seems like LBP is not as huge as people expected.

The hell?

it is japan afterall.

no matter what i can't win.. the only game that interests me on ps3 (which according to the other thread, makes me a fanboy) is stupid... :/ ... what do i do now?

Perhaps you have to ignore xbots who'll tell you that the game is stupid (and inform you, because you can find a lot of others great games) ;)