By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a xbox360 or PS3?? Please, just facts no fanboy bs.

Dolla Dolla said:
Graphical Capabilities: Near Identical, but some exclusive Sony First Party Games do have an upper edge for the moment.

More Exclusives: Sony's first party offering is HUGE. Eventually, they will have the most exclusives, I think, if they don't already.

RROD still an issue: No. The falcon has reduced 360 malfunctions to nearly normal failure rates. Jasper will probably reduce it further.

Blu-ray spectacular: I don't know first hand yet, but I've heard it is very pretty. Gotta have an HDTV to take advantage of it though, or there's no point.

Blu-ray on Regular DVD players: Nope.

When it comes down to it, you should really look at the games. What do you like the most? Both systems have a stellar lineup this holiday and the coming year. You can't go wrong with either.

This.

very reliable hardware, there was a eletrical problem in my house and my ups was set on fire, the ps3 was unharmed and they were both connected to the same power outlet. The exclusive are more varied than those on 360, you have wierd things like pixeljunk eden, cool thing like LBP, shooters like Resistence, racers like GranTurismo, in most exclusives are shooters , also multi plats that are important look the same in both systems.

If you cant keep up to buying original games the i recomend buying a 360, the ps3 wont get hacked for a while, but is a risk, you have to decide between  getting cheap games and the probability of the console getting RROD versus the stability of the ps3 and not been able to get every game because of budget restrictions.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network
drpunk said:
Look at it from another angle....

You're gonna buy a console. Once you buy this console you're gonna have to build a tent in it's camp and defend it to the death. So who do you wanna stand and fight with? Whose camp do you consider to have the best fighters? Cos once you're in, that's it. You cannot leave. For life!

I find the PS3 camp a bit too vocal and extreme (e.g. being willing to take a bullet for Sony or suggesting PS3 is better than sex) so on that basis I would advise he joins the 360 camp. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
drpunk said:
Look at it from another angle....

You're gonna buy a console. Once you buy this console you're gonna have to build a tent in it's camp and defend it to the death. So who do you wanna stand and fight with? Whose camp do you consider to have the best fighters? Cos once you're in, that's it. You cannot leave. For life!

I find the PS3 camp a bit too vocal and extreme (e.g. being willing to take a bullet for Sony or suggesting PS3 is better than sex) so on that basis I would advise he joins the 360 camp. 

I think drpunk was being sarcastic.  Tuoyo fanboy confirmed!!!  ;)

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

At this point each console has a number of quality titles.  In addition quite a few games have come out for both systems.  It really comes down to which exclusive games appeal to you more, and how important extras such as a blu-ray player are to you.  I loved the PS2 last generation, and have enjoyed my xbox360 even more than I had hoped when I got it.  The selling points for me have been the rpg titles released on the 360 thus far, and the large online community that the big name shooters have. 

If you just want a gaming machine and the only thing you're worried about is the absolute best possible gaming experience (including online play), then you want a 360.

If you want a nearly as good gaming experience (online isn't quite to par) and are also interested in a media center and HD movie player, then you want a PS3.

IMO, with both systems you get what you pay for. The 360 is worth what you spend on it, but the PS3 is also worth what you spend on it at $100 more. If you buy everything you need for the 360 so that it has the same or close to the same features as the PS3, you're going to end up paying more than you would for a PS3..so in terms of 'worth it', the PS3 has more value if you ask me. Then again, not everyone needs all the features that the PS3 comes with by default, which is why the packages that the 360 come in aren't that bad an idea. Take out a few features to lower the price. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Around the Network

If you have a PS3 you will definetly be buying Blu-ray movies alot more I can tell you that!

tuoyo said:
drpunk said:

Yes, the dark-side is strong in this thread...I  also read a lot of lies from the PS3 side ... The fanboys activity is oppositely proportional to the succes of the system...

Another point in favor of buying the PS3 : They need to catch up with more than 5.5 millions systems... so be charitable

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Squilliam said:
360 is white.

PS3 lacks white SKU.

Therefore Xbox 360 is better.

Besides, Obama is President-elect now

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective