By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a xbox360 or PS3?? Please, just facts no fanboy bs.

First, let me apologize if this has been asked many times before on this site. I didn't feel like searching through all the threads to see if there was one, so again I'm sorry. If someone has a link to a thread where this has been discussed please let me know. Anyway I have been thinking about this for a while and I am still not sure. I already have a wii and love it, but there are some games that I want that I know will never be ported to it (i.e RE5). I have been leaning towards the 360 because of the price (if i got a 360 i would get the 60gig pro model), and the majority of my friends have wiis-- a few have 360s and I don't know anyone with a PS3. I'm not a huge online gamer (maybe thats bc I own a wii!) and I know I will not download many movies or games from either online store so that is not a big factor for me. Are the graphical capabilities the same? Does one have more exclusives than the other? Is the RROD still a big issue for newer 360s? Is blueray really that spectacular? Can i play blueray movies in a regular dvd player? These aren't the only questions I have but you get the point. Please convinve me one way or the other. Thanks for the help.

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Around the Network

Graphical Capabilities: Near Identical, but some exclusive Sony First Party Games do have an upper edge for the moment.

More Exclusives: Sony's first party offering is HUGE. Eventually, they will have the most exclusives, I think, if they don't already.

RROD still an issue: No. The falcon has reduced 360 malfunctions to nearly normal failure rates. Jasper will probably reduce it further.

Blu-ray spectacular: I don't know first hand yet, but I've heard it is very pretty. Gotta have an HDTV to take advantage of it though, or there's no point.

Blu-ray on Regular DVD players: Nope.

When it comes down to it, you should really look at the games. What do you like the most? Both systems have a stellar lineup this holiday and the coming year. You can't go wrong with either.

Get a PS3. (Can't ban me this time Onyx).

It has Tales of Vesperia

Get a 360 ,360 +wii =win.

Some answers :

Are the graphical capabilities the same?

==> Yes, at least from what we have seen so far. DRAW.

Does one have more exclusives than the other?

==> Xbox360 gets more PC games likes Left4dead (shooters), RedAlert3 (RTS) while PS3 is getting more first party support (GT/Godofwar). Hard to say who has more exclusive particularly because some exclusive become multiplateform after some months ...DRAW.

Is the RROD still a big issue for newer 360s?

==> still an issue and not big. It is really less frequent AND u have the 3 years warranty.

Is blueray really that spectacular?

==> No, but this is still an improvement compared to DVD. The step is not as big as between VHS/DVD.

Can i play blueray movies in a regular dvd player?

==> No.

These aren't the only questions I have but you get the point. Please convinve me one way or the other. Thanks for the help.

==> If u really want a console and u can't afford PS3 and dont want to wait price drop : go Xbox360.

If u can wait or can afford PS3 : go PS3.

PS3 is more expensive but u get more : BR player, wiifi, bigger harddriver, free online but ... it is more expensive.

U also have to check the line-up to see if particular title look good to you.

1 or 2 "must wanted" (by you of course) games can make u go in a way or the other !!!!

Time to Work !

Around the Network

libel broke the thread.

DMeisterJ said:
Get a PS3. (Can't ban me this time Onyx).

It has Tales of Vesperia

Alternatively, you could get a 360 which ACTUALLY has Tales of Vesperia. Your choice of course, but leave the vaporware to 3D Realms, hmm?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

if you had a ps2 last gen i suppose you should get a ps3.

both are great
360 is cheaper and have great games but some of them are on pc (halo and gears of war) and some is only on 360, u can search for 360 exclusive games thread here in this site , it's awesome
online gaming = 50$ a year

ps3 is great and the 1st party exclusive are AWESOME, there is a thread for ps3 exclusive games too,,
online gaming = free

I say get a 360 so u can enjoy it more with ur friends

If your friends have 360's I would go with that. They offer identical graphics for multiplats and if your interested in RE5 then might as well get the cheaper console that offers the same experience. RROD isn't a problem anymore plus you have a free 3 year warranty if for some reason anything happens. Also the 360 has a lot of really good games that are really cheap now so you can experience a big and varied back catalog of games for a discounted price. I found Mass Effect for $20 used the other day at a GameStop

Just my 2 cents

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers