By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a xbox360 or PS3?? Please, just facts no fanboy bs.

mmm i have both but i am liking more the future catalog of the ps3, still love my 360

Around the Network

Tough choice these days.

On the one hand, PS3 has shown it's hand in terms of exclusives we can expect in the near future, and it is a big hand: LBP, R2, KZ2, GoW3, GT5 etc

But having said that, 360 right now has the best games library (the only thing PS3 has to even make it a contest is MGS4, which is just one game). We don't know much about 360 in 2009, so it makes it hard to recommend a purchase based on future potential (which can be either the best or worst out of the 3, who knows).

Blu-ray shouldn't be a huge factor in deciding because it hasn't become the main media storage solution (yet). Blu-ray movies are great, but I've yet to come across a blu-ray movie that made me feel it was really worth it to drop the $50 most new released blu-ray movies cost (in AUD).

Multiplatform games: no contest here, 360 wins and wins easily. Why? well, for all the multiplatform games that has had the 360 as lead thus far (which is most) that have had a simulatenous release, the PS3 version has either been equal or terrible. On the other hand, the reverse situation (PS3 lead) the 360 has been equal or the difference has been so small, you'd be a fanboy if you brought it up.

Online: You pay for 360 but you don't for PS3. One thing you should know is, because the 360 install base is bigger, you'll find more people to play with on more games. But if you only play online for the blockbuster titles (like CoD4), then this is a non-issue. But PS3 online is free.

Most important factor in my opinion? assuming you plan to play online, it's which console your friends have. It's alot more fun to know you have people to play with online that you know, and for me, I'd pick the console all my friends were playing online with.

I won't give you a definitive answer, because which ever console I choose, no matter how valid the points for it I've made are, I'll be labelled a fanboy.

PS3 pros: Excellent exclusives, Blu-Ray, Built-in WiFi, Free online, Built-in Hard Drive (and the ability to upgrade at a much cheaper cost).

360 pros: Excellent exclusives, Half the price, Gears of War.

Xen said:
Squilliam said:
Don't forget to consider Socom, Haze, Too Human and Lair! They are all the best exclusives ever.

The sarcasm is strong with you, but Socom is actually good :)

I disagree. The game is fun as hell, but I will not go back to it untill all of the issues are cleaned up.

People talk about much more games being on the Xbox 360 but the difference is very little...

PS3 = There are currently 532 games on this list and 99 exclusive games.

Xbox 360 = There are currently 550 games on this list and 98 exclusive games.

You have to consider that 20% of all the games on the consoles are absolute crap.

Around the Network
swearitsoul said:
People talk about much more games being on the Xbox 360 but the difference is very little...

You have to consider that 20% of all the games on the consoles are absolute crap.

Where do you get these informations from ??? They are totally wrong.

Xbox 360: 501 games

PS3: 240 games

(Source: Metacritic.com)

The source is from wikipedia of course I think it counts 2009 games aswell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

Has the thread creator made his decision yet? This was headed for disaster at the start, but now I'd just really like to lock it.

swearitsoul said:

Those numbers seem impossible to me (since the 360 did have that year headstart).

CAL4M1TY said:
swearitsoul said:

Those numbers seem impossible to me (since the 360 did have that year headstart).

True but then again the PS3 is outselling the Xbox 360 despite being launched a year earlier...

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=17412