By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a xbox360 or PS3?? Please, just facts no fanboy bs.

mamboula said:

Well, when Sony fanboys force 360 owners to buy a 200$ HD DVD and they force them to play online on Xbox Live, not to mention, they force them to get the wireless adapter, well, other people should force PS3 purchasers to buy some stuffs that they don't want or need.

By the way, here in Canada, the prices I listed are actually price what they sell at retail store. PS2 actually raised price to 150$ instead of 130$, but it does come with one or two games that didn't sell well.

I only say that many people say that 360 is cheaper, but is not true, cause for 200$ you can play games, watch DVD's and go online (wire FTW!) have NOTHING.

Around the Network

Wow, alot of fanboy opinions.

If you think media features are more important than online features - get a PS3
Other way around - get a 360.

If you like jRPGs - get a 360
If you like Japanese sRPGs - get a PS3

If you like platformers - get a PS3
If you think Halo and Gears are the absolute pinnacles of gaming (many do) - get a 360.

If you care more about hardware build/quality - get a PS3
If you care about price - get a 360

If you want the edge on 3rd party titles - get a 360
If you want the edge on 1st/2nd party - get a PS3

If Blu-ray is important to you - get a PS3
If DVD is good enough for you - get a 360

If you feel guilty for buying non-American products, buy a 360.
If you love to support Japanese products, get a PS3.
(Even if they are both made in China)

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Here's why I got a ps3:

Wifi
An Ethernet connection was simply not an option for me. I mean, it was not physically possible, and i definitely wasn't going to spend $100 on a wireless adapter

Free online play
I mean, come on. I can understand charging for a bigger marketplace and whatnot...but charging for a basic function, I just disagree with that

Blu-ray
I have an HDTV so blu-ray movies look great on it

Great Value
if you think about it, the ps3 is amazing value, blu-ray players alone go for like $300+ now

SolidSnitch said:
A PC is certainly awesome for games but the money you spend to keep up with the games that are coming out is just way too much, you have to upgrade every year and I don't like playing on a small PC monitor.
Also a 360 is about 300$ for the system with the HDD, a PC for 300$ you won't have much and will probably be out of date in a few months.

On Tigerdirect.ca I can put together a Geforce 8800, 2 gigs of DDR2 RAM, a new motherboard with a 2.2 dual core CPU, the power supply, CPU fan, SATA HDD, and DVD burner (no OS, case, speakers, monitor or peripherals because I already have them) for less than $500 Canadian. If I buy after Christmas, I could probably get it all for less than $400. That PC would outperform the 360 in every way imaginable and offer superior multimedia capabilities and exclusive games. Need I mention the free online play or the fact that PC games are cheaper at launch? Nobody should buy a 360 over a mid-ranged gaming PC, unless you're a huge Gears fan.

Dear,

Don't expect to have a no-fanboy opinion on this thread.

The ONLY real advise I can give you is to evaluate the game librabry of both systems (current and coming).

There you will be able to make a choice because both consoles have pros/cons but remain very similar.

The rest is ... Fanboys Glorified Bullsh*ts and C/P of marketing blahblah ...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:

If you think Halo and Gears are the absolute pinnacles of gaming (many do) - get a 360.

Moot point.  Or was that sarcasm.....?

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Look at it from another angle....

You're gonna buy a console. Once you buy this console you're gonna have to build a tent in it's camp and defend it to the death. So who do you wanna stand and fight with? Whose camp do you consider to have the best fighters? Cos once you're in, that's it. You cannot leave. For life!

Jordahn said:
FinalEvangelion said:

I wanted to end it with a little humor:)

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:
Jordahn said:
FinalEvangelion said:

I wanted to end it with a little humor:)

Ahhhhhhhh...  I thought so...  :)

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

i have all three consoles for this gen and i have to say that my ps3 gets the most play time (well fable 2 is taking a good chunk of the time now).

the only reason i got the xbox 360 was because some coworkers wanted to play fps online. if you don't play online then you might not be interested in that feature.

everything pretty much stacks up the same when comparing the consoles so like everyone else said, it really depends on the games that you want.