By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a xbox360 or PS3?? Please, just facts no fanboy bs.

swearitsoul said:
The source is from wikipedia of course I think it counts 2009 games aswell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

Wikipedia is not the best source.....

It counts 2009 games and games which aren't even announced/confirmed.

By the way. From those wikipedia lists I've counted:

420 PS3 games; 194 of them aren't released

106  PSN  games; 34 of them aren't released

556 360 games; 166 of them aren't released

270 XBLA games; 97 of them aren't released

Current available games:

PS3:226

PSN:72

360:390

XBLA:173

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psn_games )

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Live_Arcade_games )

Around the Network

if your not interested in online, why get a console where you have to pay for online? i say ps3.

swearitsoul said:
BOTH consoles have the same amount of games
BOTH have same graphics on HD
BOTH in the long run cost the same (If you pay for Live forever it adds up to the PS3)

PS3 has Blu-ray
Xbox 360 has DVD

PS3 = free online
Xbox 360 = Not free online

PS3 = Home
Xbox 360 = XLE (Xbox Live Experience)

PS3 = Playstation Store
Xbox 360 = Xbox Live Marketplace

PS3 = silent
Xbox 360 = Hoover

PS3 Models include: 80GB + 160 GB
Xbox 360 Models include: 256MB + 60GB + 120GB

Hardware Compatibilites:
PS3 = PSP- Able to use as a controller also able to play games via PSP anywhere in the world using the PSP
Xbox 360 = N/A

Popular Technical Faults:
PS3 = N/A
Xbox 360 = RROD (Red Ring of Death)

Console Currency:
PS3 = Money (e.g £s, $,s etc)
Xbox 360 = Microsoft Points

this mans got the best post, everything down to facts and the ps3 although the most expensive has the best value overall.

nexzen said:
swearitsoul said:
BOTH consoles have the same amount of games. But a wide library of games on the 360 still cheaper.
BOTH have same graphics on HD, Still a 360 advantage on multiplats - even Mirrors Edge gives a higher frame rate/AA on the 360 and thats PS3 lead.
BOTH in the long run cost the same (If you pay for Live forever it adds up to the PS3)

PS3 has Blu-ray But you pay extra for disks.
Xbox 360 has DVD

PS3 = free online
Xbox 360 = Not free online and better.

PS3 = Home

PS3 = Playstation Store

PS3 = silent
Xbox 360 = Hoover NXE (Silent)

Hardware Compatibilites:
PS3 = PSP- Able to use as a controller also able to play games via PSP anywhere in the world using the PSP
Xbox 360 = Backwards compatible to Xbox 1 (over 200 titles)

PS3 = N/A
Xbox 360 = RROD (Red Ring of Death) Fault on older 360s

Console Currency:

this mans got the best post, everything down to facts and the ps3 although the most expensive has the best value overall.

Tease.

nexzen said:

swearitsoul said:
BOTH consoles have the same amount of games

Xbox360 has FAR more games. (Simply look at my posts in this thread)

BOTH have same graphics on HD

he hasn't interest in online gaming, so the 360 is FAR cheaper (no wireless needed, no Gold account needed)

PS3 has Blu-ray
Xbox 360 has DVD

PS3 = free online
Xbox 360 = Not free online

again irrelevant

PS3 = Home

it's called NXE (New Xbox Experience)

PS3 = Playstation Store

PS3 = silent
Xbox 360 = Hoover

not with the new models

Hardware Compatibilites:

PS3 = PSP- Able to use as a controller also able to play games via PSP anywhere in the world using the PSPXbox 360 = N/A

PS3 = N/A
Xbox 360 = RROD (Red Ring of Death)

Console Currency:

What's wrong with that ? You still pay with money. It's actually a pretty good system, because you pay always exactly the same price no matter where you live.

No he hasn't

nexzen said:

if your not interested in online, why get a console where you have to pay for online? i say ps3.

That doesn't make ANY sense.

EDIT: Damn Squilliam, you were a lot faster than me :P

Around the Network
perpride said:
PS3 pros: Excellent exclusives, Blu-Ray, Built-in WiFi, Free online, Built-in Hard Drive (and the ability to upgrade at a much cheaper cost).

360 pros: Excellent exclusives, Half the price, Gears of War, Backward Compatible, (cables and headset included), portable hard drive

I'll give you the reasons I got a PS3.

1) Insomniac. I'd die if I couldn't play R&C, and Resistance was the game that got me into FPS (played on a friend's).
2) My friends (almost) all have PS3's.
3) At the time, the RRoD was still a huge thing, but I think we can safely say that this is no big deal now.
4) Games. Believe it or not, even back when the PS3 was first out, I still preferred the games. Of course, this also included future releases...
5) The controller. Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the 360 controller, but keep in mind that I grew up on the PS controller.

Just for the heck of it, here's some of the exclusives that make the PS3 worth it (or will) for me; Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Uncharted, Wipeout, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, GT 5, Killzone 2, GOW III, and of course, LittleBigPlanet.

FACT

SONY PlayStation3 Microsoft Xbox 360
Console have no problem Red Ring of Death
Blu-Ray suport, 50 GB on a disc DVD player about 10 GB +200$ for HD DVD player
8 - 3.2 GHz precessor 3 - 3.2GHz processors
Free online Play with PlayStation Network 60$ every years for Live
Big Variety and exclusive games Majority of game is shooters
Controler : 30H play 45m reload 40H play, need 2 AA battery every time $$$$$
Console is silence DVD player make hard noise when you play
PowerBar is inside of the console The big box is outside
400$ 200$ + 120$ for wi-fi connection + 60 $ for live + . 2$ every 40H for battery = min 400 if you dont have to . . buy one more Xbox because she got Red Ring Of Death.

PlayStation3 HUGE
I know what I talk about I have a Wii 360 and PS3 at home and I only use PS3.
Buy PS3, have fresh mind, quality console, look Blu-Ray movie, and have fun.

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

FACT

SONY PlayStation3......................................................Microsoft Xbox 360
Console have no problem.............................................Red Ring of Death
Blu-Ray suport, 50 GB on a disc ...................................DVD player about 10 GB +200$ for HD DVD player
8 - 3.2 GHz precessor..................................................3 - 3.2GHz processors
Free online Play with PlayStation Network....................60$ every years for Live
Big Variety and exclusive games....................................Majority of game is shooters
Controler : 30H play 45m reload...................................40H play, need 2 AA battery every time $$$$$
Console is silence...........................................................DVD player make hard noise when you play
PowerBar is inside of the console .................................. The big box is outside
400$.............................................................................200$ + 120$ for wi-fi connection + 60 $ for live + .....................................................................................2$ every 40H for battery = min 400 if you dont have to ......................................................................................buy one more Xbox because she got Red Ring Of Death.

PlayStation3 HUGE

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

mamboula said:
FACT

SONY PlayStation3......................................................Microsoft Xbox 360
Console have no problem.............................................used to have RROD issues.
Blu-Ray suport, 50 GB on a disc ...................................DVD player about 6.8 GB
1 - 3.2 GHz precessor..................................................1 - 3.2GHz processor
Free online Play with PlayStation Network....................40$ every years for Live
Big Variety and exclusive games....................................Majority of game is everything you can think of.
Controler : 30H play 45m reload...................................40H play, need 2 AA battery every time rechargers or playncharge .................................................................................kit
Console is silence...........................................................DVD player make hard noise when you play but not when ....................................................................................installed
PowerBar is inside of the console .................................. The big box is outside
400$ +$20 each for optional headset and requiredHD cable..............................$300 + (optional 40 $ for live,  $30 for  ...................................................................................Wireless router/$100 official) ...................................................................................

PlayStation3 HUGE

Tease.