By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - By the end of this gen, how many pieces of hardware do you think Wii, PS3, 36

MS might "do a Sega" was you called it because its hardware issues might be the issue, not the price or games or anything else.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

This for sure is the first thread about this...

Wii: 130-250m
360: 20-30m
PS3: 10-20m 

Wii might sell 60 million but that is high as it will go.

360: 30-50 million

Wii:60-70 million

PS3: 40-90 million

MS will do a Sega either this gen or next gen the BigWigs there wont want to be losing more than $1billion a year from a project that was meant to get them in every living room and kick Sony out of the running which it hasnt done yet and wont be doing anytime soon.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

"People saying MS will do a Sega"

Do you really think M$, come on one of the richest company will humiliate themselves so much and do a Sega..

I don't really support the Xbox 360 but I know the people at MS have huge ego's and I don't think their gonna just discontinue this gen, or nex-gen for that matter.

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Just a guess

Wii ~100million(or 90million)
360-50million
PS3-30million

Yes, the PS3 will be under the 360. PS3 is still moving slowly and Microsoft has Halo 3, their trump card. PS3 has nothing, and is losing development fast.

Around the Network

@Smashcu

Typical....

PS3 has nothing - MGS4, FF13, KILLZONE 2

& your right MS has JUST Halo 3

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

The Playstation audience is not static. People are suggesting that because 100 million PS2s were sold, there are 100 million people waiting to buy the PS3. This is wrong for a number of reasons:

(1) Of those 100+ million sales, a significant portion were repurchases (say, 10%)

(2) Of the remaining 90% installed base (this is generous), let's say 1/3rd of those people are now too busy with their lives or are just no longer interested in gaming.

(3) A huge percentage bought the PS2 when it was under $200, which will be a long time for the PS3

(4) A significant percentage of that market could easily shift to the Wii, to the DS, or to the 360.

There aren't 100 million people waiting to buy the PS3. That's a ridiculous idea. That market shifts every single day. In this particular case, past success guarantees nothing for the future.

I can't imagine what PS3 and Wii sales will be like when it is all said and done, but I suspect neither console will end up with less than 50 million sold. I suspect that the Xbox 360 will sell about 40 million after price drops and before Microsoft replaces it (and pulls the 360 from the market in favor of its successor).

I will also suggest that the 'xobx' brand will have cost MS more than 5 billion when the 360 is retired. This means they will profit less than 2 billion between now and the 360's end of life. I guess you could consider this a 'duh' prediction.

At a guess:

Wii: 40-100m
PS3: 40-60m
360: 20-30m

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

When I saw how many people didn't understand the "6 billion" joke properly, I got a better understanding of why so many stupid things are said all over the forums...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Smashchu said:
Just a guess

Wii ~100million(or 90million)
360-50million
PS3-30million

Yes, the PS3 will be under the 360. PS3 is still moving slowly and Microsoft has Halo 3, their trump card. PS3 has nothing, and is losing development fast.

I'll agree with those numbers!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo