By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mirrors egde demo is up on UK store. ( impressions).

Yea! It's on the store now, dl'ing it now!

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Tbone said:
king_of_the_castle said:
Tbone said:
king_of_the_castle said:
Is it in US also?

It will be later.

You guys get everything before us ;)

Haha this is like the first time Europe got before Us.

please. Don't even talk. 

It won't be the first time.

Can you say...VALKYRIA CHRONICLES!!!!!!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I think I'll try the Alone in the Dark demo first (yes I downloaded it, I want to see how appaling it is) then play Mirror's Edge. I'll post my impressions of it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Just downloaded it for PSN (USA). Played through it and it left me wanting to play the game so much more. Fun stuff.

I really like acrobatic games from the PoP trilogy, newer tombraiders, and I am currently playing uncharted.

I wasn't so sure about the transition from third-person to first-person...i thought it would fit better in 3rd.

in may still but is 3rd where near as exhilarating as 1st pakour.

i think this will be, what portal was last year.

Wow, this game is amazing so far. I played the demo 3 times and was still loving it. If the rest of the game is as good as the demo this will be a day 1 buy for me.

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network

That was a cool idea for a game.
I think third person would have done wonders though. First is just too dizzying.
And the concept of the game, as well- why am I doing this exactly?

Not a buy for me. Great idea, not very well executed, imo.

EDIT: And the Sixaxis was horrible, but it's horrible in 9/10 games, so it can't really be faulted for that.

This holiday season is just too good for a game like Mirror's Edge to be successful, I think.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

That was a cool idea for a game.
I think third person would have done wonders though. First is just too dizzying.
And the concept of the game, as well- why am I doing this exactly?

Not a buy for me. Great idea, not very well executed, imo.

EDIT: And the Sixaxis was horrible, but it's horrible in 9/10 games, so it can't really be faulted for that.

This holiday season is just too good for a game like Mirror's Edge to be successful, I think.

It didn't bother me, but I can see where it would bother some people, especially those who get sick with just regular FPS's.

Spankey said:
outlawauron said:
Tbone said:
king_of_the_castle said:
Tbone said:
king_of_the_castle said:
Is it in US also?

It will be later.

You guys get everything before us ;)

Haha this is like the first time Europe got before Us.

please. Don't even talk. 

It won't be the first time.

Can you say...VALKYRIA CHRONICLES!!!!!!

Please. Leave me be!

Mirror's Edge is excellent though!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Great stuff. That song is enough for me, but the gameplay seems very smooth.

Question: has anyone been able to disarm or kill those 4 guys at the end of the demo? Or perhaps the guys chasing up the stairs? Just curious. I tried a few times but with no success so far.

I just ran from them