By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BREAKING NEWS!- SONY Issues Break Apart Controller PATENT! - PICS INCLUDED!

I'm not bashing Sony here, but this looks like crap

Around the Network
blackstar said:
I think krimoz is right and if it is true it will be very expensive (i think)

that would fit in with sony's direction as of late.  high quality devices with high price tags.

I can guarantee that IF this is real (which I doubt) it will never be made.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

Fig 8. is instant FAIL. Its bullshit and that clip on traditional controller thing is so fukn wrong its not even 80's Atari worthy

There's your evidence, Sony would not be caught dead making a piece of shit like that

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

kitler53 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kitler53 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@amp316

I think it reeks of innovation personally ;)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/innovation

i think the word you were looking for was something along the lines of augmentation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/augment

The word you should refer to is sarcasm to understand my post better :)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

ah, my bad then. all apoligizes

no prob :)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
Fig 8. is instant FAIL. Its bullshit and that clip on traditional controller thing is so fukn wrong its not even 80's Atari worthy

There's your evidence, Sony would not be caught dead making a piece of shit like that

I don't think its even physically possible to put functional analog sticks on a 1/8" plate without having exposed components on the bottom of the plate

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

For those who suscpet it's a fake: it's the real deal. The patent application can be seen here

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=%2220080261693%22.PGNR.&OS=DN/20080261693&RS=DN/20080261693

On another note, that controller is butt ugly :p

@FIG.8

and 4 analogue sticks, I know the wiimote and nunchuck is lacking with only one analogue stick, but putting 4 is just ridiclous.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

I wish I had something like this from Nintendo... Maybe Nintendo would sell more systems if they did this first... sigh...

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Looks like a sex toy.

But it is much more complex than the Wii-remote, and can provide full head/boy tracking apparently, so that's pretty cool.

Fix the look of the controller, and it'll probably be full of win.