By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BREAKING NEWS!- SONY Issues Break Apart Controller PATENT! - PICS INCLUDED!

Blah. I hope Sony doesn't go all Nintendo on me with the stupid motion controls.

It's all about the game.

Around the Network

They say they can't afford to slash prices, and then they spend MONEY developing THIS?
I still say it's a rumor.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I would like to see this released just to see what can actually be done with it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Kantor said:
They say they can't afford to slash prices, and then they spend MONEY developing THIS?
I still say it's a rumor.

No it's a definate patent.

But i doubt the final product would look anything like this were it developed.

This could be considered to be pretty much in a pre-pre-alpha phase

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I think I found their inspiration:

Around the Network

It could be a potential controller to be used in the future maybe late stages of PS3 or introduced on PS4.

Just to add my 2 cents - The issues with this design are simply too numerous to even bother going into. Simply - ugly, bothersome (switching faceplates) and comes off looking like a poor Wiimote knock-off.

Companies often patent stuff they are even vaguely considering (remember the Wii teddy and bike?) so let's hope this is just a consideration - that's disregarded.

This looks absolutely ridiculous. Can you imagine the warning screen before games with this thing, it is huge.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

amp316 said:
Wow. This is motion sensing? Genius. Pure genius.

LOLOLOLOLOL... :D You definitely made me laugh! Absolutely lovely sarcasm!

Nothing that made me interrested.