By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - None of these companys are your friend. Stop acting like it.

Ronster316 said:

Sega and Nintendo, the only 2 TRUE gaming hardware and software LEGENDS.................. Bottom line__________________________

Gaming was PURE.......... then sony came along with thier big fat wallets boooooooooooooo hissssssssssssssssssssssss heckleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I have no respect for Ken "thief" Kutagari whatsoever

Yu Suzuki is a LEGEND (Shenmue, Virtua fighter and way back in the day Hang-on are just 3 of the great franchises that were born thanx to the genius of this man)

On topic of course none of them are our friends, But gaming used to be a far friendlier place (Until the "corporations" arrived)

Don't Slabber about Ken. If it wasn't for him gaming would not be the same. The market would be like 90% casual and there would be a far crappier catalogue of Games as Playstation created most of the big franchises. Also i think you'll find Sony wanted to work with Nintendo in making a console but Nintendo stabbed Sony in the back and so Sony made their own and created the most popular gaming brand. The man was also a genious as he designed CPU's etc. Have some respect, Sony has changed gaming the most and even the likes of you should recognise that. Watch the History of The Playstation on Youtube and you'll see. And If you h8 Sony that much are you telling me you h8 Spiderman movies, Walkmans, Sony Ericssons, Sony laptops, handycams etc. Wise up.

Around the Network
xZealoTx said:

hi guys, i'm a silent reader as i always quite cared for videogames and also have been interested in sales of consoles. i never felt necessity to register in this forum as i didnt feel im similar to the vaaaast majority of the posters here but this just shot the bird for me, i couldnt hold myself from registering.
I know you will instantly ban me ( i mean EVERY new account is flamed for stupid reasons by the 'old' members as those follow some stranges kind of behaviour ) but this one comment HAS to be done, i cant refrain from it, plz give it a try.

im perfectly sure many of the people claiming the companies to be their 'friends' are making fun, but im also certain that others don't. to cite the OP, they are nerds. i've never seen as huge nerds as on this site, to be honestly.
when i found out that SORIKU is 13 years old it took me some time to handle that.
i mean one the one hand i was grinning in sarcasm but on the other hand i felt quite strange. COME ON he is 13 years old but fucking ( i know you americans love this word ) 20000 posts on a forum like that. he IS a child, a child which will become a megamegamega friendless uber nerd. oh my god, it actually tenses me.

so, i know you hate me for the previous passage but here come's a real argument @ OP, maybe you can still read it, even in anger :
if you think nintendo is your friend, watch the Wii.
i owned n64, gamecube, couple gameboys and now the wii and all i can say is:
i've never been fooled like that before. what irritates me, all the nintendo lovers here still stick to it, but ALL OF THEM are hardcore gamers. even i am. a hardcore gamer just can NOT be satisfied with the wii, people ( on this site )who claim they prefer all that mario stuff over the HD games just lie to themselves. all they ever did was loving hardcore gaming. they deny themselves that nintendo is the best choice for them this generation, but there is no denying that, for the hardcore gamer, it isnt. i am a hardcore gamer, and wii was a pure failure for me ( i still own it ). nintendo screwed us all, they sold me the same piece of hardware i bought with the GC, now playing nice cooking or stupid music games.
in comparison to the HD consoles the wii control scheme has failed for the hardcore audience, you should think about it.

There is nothing "nerdy" about gaming. Its like bigger than the Music and Movie Industry. I play loads of games and i'm nearly 15, but I'm no nerd (have a GF, play for county football team etc) So ur JUDGING A BOOK BY ITS COVER

xZealoTx said:

hi guys, i'm a silent reader as i always quite cared for videogames and also have been interested in sales of consoles. i never felt necessity to register in this forum as i didnt feel im similar to the vaaaast majority of the posters here but this just shot the bird for me, i couldnt hold myself from registering.
I know you will instantly ban me ( i mean EVERY new account is flamed for stupid reasons by the 'old' members as those follow some stranges kind of behaviour ) but this one comment HAS to be done, i cant refrain from it, plz give it a try.

im perfectly sure many of the people claiming the companies to be their 'friends' are making fun, but im also certain that others don't. to cite the OP, they are nerds. i've never seen as huge nerds as on this site, to be honestly.
when i found out that SORIKU is 13 years old it took me some time to handle that.
i mean one the one hand i was grinning in sarcasm but on the other hand i felt quite strange. COME ON he is 13 years old but fucking ( i know you americans love this word ) 20000 posts on a forum like that. he IS a child, a child which will become a megamegamega friendless uber nerd. oh my god, it actually tenses me.

so, i know you hate me for the previous passage but here come's a real argument @ OP, maybe you can still read it, even in anger :
if you think nintendo is your friend, watch the Wii.
i owned n64, gamecube, couple gameboys and now the wii and all i can say is:
i've never been fooled like that before. what irritates me, all the nintendo lovers here still stick to it, but ALL OF THEM are hardcore gamers. even i am. a hardcore gamer just can NOT be satisfied with the wii, people ( on this site )who claim they prefer all that mario stuff over the HD games just lie to themselves. all they ever did was loving hardcore gaming. they deny themselves that nintendo is the best choice for them this generation, but there is no denying that, for the hardcore gamer, it isnt. i am a hardcore gamer, and wii was a pure failure for me ( i still own it ). nintendo screwed us all, they sold me the same piece of hardware i bought with the GC, now playing nice cooking or stupid music games.
in comparison to the HD consoles the wii control scheme has failed for the hardcore audience, you should think about it.

"i mean EVERY new account is flamed for stupid reasons"

I usually see "welcome to the boards" to new accounts, except when their first post is flaming or trolling, like what you just did to Soriku.

Edit: well, welcome to the boards anyways.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

I'm not your friend stop acting like it!

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

20,000 posts seriously ?

Kid needs to get a life before he turns in to one one hem wow nut jobs.

Around the Network

would i get banned too if i QFT'd zealot? ^^

In actuality, OP, these companies do care about their consumers. Just as at the place I work, I care if people enjoy themselves and I get upset when they are not happy.
Plenty of people go out into the world with jobs where they care about their "saps". Not to say that your opinion is wrong. But you are wrong.

I care about the people I work with and so do my fellow employees and we would care about them even if we owned the store, or the company for that matter.
The truth is that they have difficult decisions to make, and cannot keep EVERYONE happy and unfortunately that is the rub. Unnappreciation. If I go out of my way to help someone at my work, and someone says that I'm "just doing my job and therefore not deserving of thanks or a tip" that takes away motivation to excell at my next endeavor.
So thank you, OP, for making broad sweeping generalizations based on what you think is true. I bet people like sid meier, miyamoto, and will wright appreciate you.

Jo21 said:
CrashMan said:
while(bPostIsRant)
{
if(strcmp("there","they're"))
{
bPostIgnore = true;
}
}

c with a boolean type? =0

C# world.  Above would be the C version

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

It's not that uncommon really. People do the same thing with sports, contestants on shows, etc. We just for an emotional connection with something we support and enjoy rooting for it/them. Is that so hard to understand.

tarheel91 said:
It's not that uncommon really. People do the same thing with sports, contestants on shows, etc. We just for an emotional connection with something we support and enjoy rooting for it/them. Is that so hard to understand.

Yeah, but its still kinda frustrating.  I hate when people talk about sports teams like they are on the team.

"We played awsome(ly) last night"

"We really need to beat team X"

"I can't believe we picked up Player Y"

No, the team did those things.  You sat on your couch and watched.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Dinomax said:

Ah remeber the good ol days?  Me, SEGA and Nintendo use to go to the ol swimming hole.  Catch some might bass there, then go home and collect the lemons from grandmas then try to sell lemonade for spare change. Good times, good times.

Seriously the posts lately about how poor Sony is doing and how people are actually moved by there sales makes me depressed to the point I want to shoot myself.  Not because of Sony but because most of you posters actaully took time to write that. 

Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft.  There not your friends, buddies, amigos, family, pirate crew, homies, frat boys, roomates or any definition you use for friend, family, relative, etc.

Yes I know you had good times growing up playing there system but in the end.  They were doing there job.  They sold you there product and you paid for it.  That's it.  I know most people take it a lot more serious on the internet but theres a reason for that.  There nerds.  Its time to learn to seperate companys from this comfort status because lets face it you can either becomed derange or well, waste your time on a internet forum.

You don't want that now do you?

Hey, I know what you're saying. They are just businesses, after all. I realized this myself after I stopped being Nintendo's primary demogrpahic. I have responeded to the cahnge by buying a PSP, 360, and perhaps I will buy a PS3 as well.