By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - None of these companys are your friend. Stop acting like it.

Actually, Mario is my friend. He his smashing games and his party games and his kart games brought me together with family and friends like nothing else. He also taught me typing, history and geography. (though Mario is Missing isn't such a good game)

Around the Network

My parents met Bill Gates when he was only the richest man in America. It was for a launch party of something to do with Windows. They mentioned how he was the only normal guy there, as if you weren't into computers all the Microsoft people (except him) wouldn't talk to you. This was in the late 80's or something.

CrashMan said:
tarheel91 said:
It's not that uncommon really. People do the same thing with sports, contestants on shows, etc. We just for an emotional connection with something we support and enjoy rooting for it/them. Is that so hard to understand.

Yeah, but its still kinda frustrating.  I hate when people talk about sports teams like they are on the team.

"We played awsome(ly) last night"

"We really need to beat team X"

"I can't believe we picked up Player Y"

No, the team did those things.  You sat on your couch and watched.

I think it's only an issue of symantics and much less than you're making it out to be.  They realize they're not a part of the team.  I assure you they don't think they played any part.  It's just how you talk about "your team."

apparently some people don't understand group dynamics here.

When the team/company depends on their fans as a solid ground for sales i think that people can say that they are a part of the team. 

Around the Network

SORIKU BEATS ME BECAUSE HE LOVES ME!

fkusumot said:

SORIKU BEATS ME BECAUSE HE LOVES ME! <3

is this the right thread?

sh7272 said:

When the team/company depends on their fans as a solid ground for sales i think that people can say that they are a part of the team. 

So if you buy a TV are you an employee of Sony?

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
CrashMan said:
sh7272 said:

So if you buy a TV are you an employee of Sony?

That depends, is this tv a cherished object that serves its purpose and some? Does the neighbor come over and say sony products are shit because of DRM? Does "Get out of my house!" come to mind?

Not an employee though. I don't think team means employee...

SONY gave me Jak 1-3... they brought Namco's Tekken to consoles so that I can play it at home... Kaz Hirai and I drink at his house every Tuesday night. Jack Tretten sent me a greeting card yesterday for my cold. Clearly SONY loves me and will continue to take my money with affection and kindness.

4 ≈ One