By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz problem...melicious ads maybe?

I use i use internet explorer 7, and i've gotton this issues a few times my self. what is it?!?! it even crashed my CP once.

Btw why does people say Internet Explorer 7 is bad? just wonder'n cause its the only one i've become fond of...

Around the Network

A safe way to protect your computer, yet still allow the ads to load so you can support the site is to use FF3 + noscript. If you install noscript and and then set it to allow scripts globally, it will stop cross site scripts, which is where the majority of your problem arises from.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

My Spyware Doctor blocks all of it for me!!

VGChartz is the only site I visit while at work, they use IE6. All I can say is I received a few virus and now the computer runs slower than snail shit.

It sucks big time.

It is even more annoying when I get those damn ads where each time I load up a thread I get an ad that takes up the whole damn screen. What is up with that all of a sudden?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The more annoying the ad, the more revenue.

It's either the ad or donation drives...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
I just use Firefox.

Ditto. No problems for me either.

same here

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

i keep getting those, bye vgchartz i will be back when this is fixed

I've also noticed that an image in NoName2200's signature (http://emu-russia.km.ru/gdb/nes/Magic_of_Scheherazade,_The_1.png) will generate a similar message. Any forum that allows images or embedded content would get these warning messages.

nordlead said:
A safe way to protect your computer, yet still allow the ads to load so you can support the site is to use FF3 + noscript. If you install noscript and and then set it to allow scripts globally, it will stop cross site scripts, which is where the majority of your problem arises from.

I will quote myself to help some people out. If you do what I sugested, you will prevent any cross site scripts from attacking your computer. This is where the vast majority of attacks come from.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)