By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz problem...melicious ads maybe?

I just use Firefox.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
I just use Firefox.

!!!!!!

:O

yeah i use firefox at home, Is that the only difference?
Is my computer safe?

My friend said she's been having problems like these too when visiting the site.

I haven't had any problems though..

I use Chrome, which I expect is the reason that I was actually warned about it. I think IE would have written it's own virus to screw my PC up if it could have..

I haven't used firefox in a while, but when I used to there were just too many websites (newegg.com, for instance) that just didn't work. Maybe that's changed so I should give it a shot, but I like Chrome. As long as I don't have to use IE or anything that works like it, I'm happy.

Around the Network

dont blame your browser. the problem is vgchartz does no quality checking and will let anyone embed a link on their site for the right price. this isnt a new problem with vgchartz.

dont blame your antivirus software either, its picking up on a legitimate threat.

Yeah VGchartz needs some stricter guidelines for their ads

This probably started happening only recently I would say within the last month. When I first started using the site things went smoothly but recently like others have mentioned I've found that my laptop will crash and freeze on the site often and once I did receive a virus warning. Hopefuly its not causing some serious hidden issues but for now i just have to hope that i can get on without problems.

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

What ads?

Firefox!

Good to see this site is still going 

most of the "ads" arent even popups. they are embeded links just to generate hits and traffic. scummy stuff