By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Little Big Planet and FABLE 2 succesfull sales

Squilliam said:
I think the interesting this is that most likely Fable 2 sales for week one will be > than LBP sales week 1+2. So even taking into account the fudged up launch it looks like Fable 2 beat the consensus and outsold LBP.

Interestingly, anyone want to take bets on which game will have higher LTD sales the first week of Jan 2009?

The vast majority of people predicted that Fable II would sell better than LBP week 1, so this is not suprise.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
I think the interesting this is that most likely Fable 2 sales for week one will be > than LBP sales week 1+2. So even taking into account the fudged up launch it looks like Fable 2 beat the consensus and outsold LBP.

Interestingly, anyone want to take bets on which game will have higher LTD sales the first week of Jan 2009?

That's just an unfair bet. Would you take a bet right now about which one will be rated higher on Metacritic/Gamerankings?

BMaker11 said:
kirby007 said:
I doubt little big planet will sell more then 2,5 times of what it did now..
the people who wanted it got it...

If by "the people who wanted it got it" you mean the people who preordered it at Gamestop (which actually had limited supply) then still no...because only SOME of them got it because only a few Gamestops had it, and those that did had limited supply. Why don't we wait until EVERY RETAILER (major or small) HAS THE GAME AND OFFICIALLY RELEASES IT.

lol, alright it wasn't available at every store but if you wanted you easily could have gotten it

160.000 copies doesn't come from one chain of retailers

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

well I'm predicting 400k-500k for next week (LBP US only)

I really don't see LBP going over 750k this year...

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:
Squilliam said:

The vast majority of people predicted that Fable II would sell better than LBP week 1, so this is not suprise.

Huh? I might be mistaken but I felt the majority thought that LBP > Fable 2?

Anyway im not trying to rub it into peoples faces or anything like that.

Tease.

twesterm said:
I really don't see LBP going over 750k this year...

NA only, or worldwide? If NA only then I just about agree, 750-900K.

I don't think next weeks numbers will increase by much, if at all. It will probably do around 160K again.

Squilliam said:
WiiStation360 said:
Squilliam said:

Huh? I might be mistaken but I felt the majority thought that LBP > Fable 2?

Anyway im not trying to rub it into peoples faces or anything like that.

Hardly anyone at all thought LBP > Fable 2 first week sales. I dont get why people are comparing the sales of these two games. They are from completely different genres and one is a new IP and the other is a sequel.

LBP will probably only sell one copy in New Zealand. *ME*

I don't know about this games sales potential yet since I haven't recieved my copy but its kinda hard to explain to people so that may limit its word of mouth potential.

Tease.

I could see LBP doing 500k or so this year, unless the mainstream media really gets a hold of it and we Sackboy all over the place. Then more.

I just think it's a tough game to do that kind of attach rate. I mean, if North America sales get to 8.5 million after the holidays - which is a stretch in my opinion, you'd need a 10% attach to get to 850k. I dunno. That seems like a lot for this type of game.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?