By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Little Big Planet and FABLE 2 succesfull sales

I am amazed.

I mean, LBP sold 164.000 copies without been oficially released. Next week, I think its going to sell at least 5X previous week, so thats like 800.000 copies just in America. Glad for Media Molecule and Sony, they needed this.

Plus the bundle in Japan, plus Europe where its going to be a big deal...I think we are talking BIG.

On the other side, FABLE 2 sold 1 million units in its first week. WOW, never saw that coming.Very good for RPG fans...I which I had that on my PS3.

Around the Network

Any reason to state "5 times"? I wish MediaMolecule all the sales they get, but something as random as "5 times" ...

The biggest thing Sony could hope for this week and the next, is increased HW sales actually, with the bundle and the new SKU's in Japan and Europe (not sure about US)

papflesje said:
Any reason to state "5 times"? I wish MediaMolecule all the sales they get, but something as random as "5 times" ...

The biggest thing Sony could hope for this week and the next, is increased HW sales actually, with the bundle and the new SKU's in Japan and Europe (not sure about US)

Yeah, I forgot. Well...I think that because it was released and then taken out of the market because of the "song" and bla bla bla....Of course it could not be taken out of all the stores (here in Chile, where I live, there were copies last week), the I think that only 1/5 of the official stores continue to sell.

Ok...we could talk of a 4X increase...that´s still big...

But I keep thinking its going to surprise us all

Afterman said:

I am amazed.

I mean, LBP sold 164.000 copies without been oficially released. Next week, I think its going to sell at least 5X previous week, so thats like 800.000 copies just in America. Glad for Media Molecule and Sony, they needed this.

Plus the bundle in Japan, plus Europe where its going to be a big deal...I think we are talking BIG.

On the other side, FABLE 2 sold 1 million units in its first week. WOW, never saw that coming.Very good for RPG fans...I which I had that on my PS3.

5 x next week.....Without even giving a reason?

Around the Network

I doubt little big planet will sell more then 2,5 times of what it did now..
the people who wanted it got it...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Does that mean 164k in illegal sales? The street date is this week.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Fable 2 did really good, LBP true that it did really well consider it wasnt the release date but 5 times more only in america i dont think so.

kirby007 said:
I doubt little big planet will sell more then 2,5 times of what it did now..
the people who wanted it got it...

That does not make sense.  Why would sales go up in week 2 if everyone who wanted it was able to get it.  Wouldn't sales drop then?