By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tomb Raider: Underworld Demo - Must play to believe

If the demo is just the beginning of what TR:U is, it's by far the best Tomb Raider in history.

Graphics are just insane. A lot of people are comparing it to Uncharted. I can't argue that since I never played Uncharted, but it's about the best darn game I've ever seen. The field of depth is ungodly, and the scenery is stunning.

The enivronments are top-notch. Combat is polished. Platforming is awesome. Lara has a ton of new moves that make your trips in the jungles even more insane than they already were.

Unless this game does something crazy and dumb halfway through, it'll earn easy 85% from every magazine, if not hit the 90's in some.

Best Tomb Raider ever, based on the demo. And that comes from my die-hard TR fiancee. She was absolutely stunned at how incredible the demo is (she owns every single Tomb Raider, and demo disc of TR ever made).

If you enjoyed Uncharted, liked Tomb Raider, like platformers, or are a graphics nut, the Tomb Raider: Underworld demo is required-viewing, if only for the graphics.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

looks very sexy. reminds me of a female version of Uncharted with all the landscape and green green green!

Except Tomb Raider: Underworld is vastly more exploration/platforming driven, as opposed to Uncharted, which is more combat/action driven.

Sounds fantastic. As a fan of the series (I've got TR 2,3,4 and Legend) I will have to get this when I can. The game does look impressive. I love games like Uncharted(Which I want as well. Gotto get myself a PS3) and Tomb Raider.

graphically uncharted its more pleasing.

but damn a female lead =¨win.

Around the Network

Jo21 -

Let me assume something:

You don't own a X360. Therefore, you haven't played Tomb Raider: Underworld yet.

If this statement is true, STFU. You can't really argue a games graphics when you haven't even seen it in action. Go play Underworld THEN argue with us, ok?

The environments are really nice, but Lara herself is a little under-whelming. Not that she is bad, but she doesn't stack up to the rest of the graphics.

All I can say is this: That second screenshot made me download the demo! Can't wait to try it out, as I loved Uncharted!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

mrstickball said:
Jo21 -

Let me assume something:

You don't own a X360. Therefore, you haven't played Tomb Raider: Underworld yet.

If this statement is true, STFU. You can't really argue a games graphics when you haven't even seen it in action. Go play Underworld THEN argue with us, ok?

there is a ps3 version comming.

my point was on the female lead that is hot, chill out.

fayewong said:
looks very sexy. reminds me of a female version of Uncharted with all the landscape and green green green!

Kids have no respect for history!

*grumble grumble*

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.