By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tomb Raider: Underworld Demo - Must play to believe

halil - What from my comment was wrong?

Am I wrong in saying that Uncharted is more combat driven versus Tomb Raider, which is more puzzle/platforming driven? Or are you just talking out your rear end?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Tomb Raider's demo destroyed any doubts that I may have had about it. Uncharted fans, buy a copy of Tomb Raider Legend for the PS2. You won't be disapointed. When you're done, buy Underworld for your PS3. I mean really, what other alternative is there? Uncharted 2 hasn't even been announced. The closest other option will be Gears of War 2 or Resident Evil 5 (for similar combat). Crystal Dynamics has blessed you with a more than worthy alternative. Buy it!!

I played the demo and one of the things that I really enjoyed besides the crisp graphics was the music, anyone else feel the same?

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

I played the demo last night. The graphics are great. Not my type of game though. For people that are into this, it looks like TR is back.

d21lewis said:
Redcoat222 said:
Why do PS3 fans feel obliged to talk about Uncharted? Uncharted is inferior to Tomb Raider. I have 100%'d Uncharted twice (due to trophies) so it's not as if I don't like to play the game. But I originally bought it for its supposedly Tomb Raider-esque qualities and I found it disappointing.

There is very little challenge to the platforming whatsoever, and there isn't even that much of it. And as for the puzzles... Uncharted forces the solutions upon you if you take too long or do one part wrong, which is bizarre. All the challenge in Uncharted is concentrated in the shooting, which comprises the bulk of the game.

Tomb Raider Anniversary on the other hand was fantastic, some of the levels were 3-4 hours long, the sense of scale and of isolation was back to the brilliance of the originals, not to mention the sense of danger which is completely lacking in Uncharted due to checkpoints existing every 5 feet.

As for Underworld, I'm really hoping it will be as good. My concern is that the platforming has been simplified to pander to the Uncharted crowd, something which was implied in an IGN preview months ago. Also for some reason Lara looks barely any different to how she did in Anniversary, which I played on the PS2. I think some of the visuals will suffer because after all Underworld is also coming to PS2 and Wii.

Don't you get it, Redcoat222?  Uncharted was released for the PS3 a year ago!  The PS3!!!  No attempt by any other developer anywhere, ever, will compare to Uncharted.  Think about it:  The epic storyline.  The unique gameplay.   The nearly infinite replayability!  And the graphics!!!!  THE GRAPHICS!!!!  I honestly believe that video game technology has gotten WORSE since 2007.  No game short of another PS3 exclusive can hope to compete.

ROFLOL

To be honest I don't get why most of you are so impressed by green jungles. Green and colorful =/= best graphics! Uncharted looks so plastic and a bit cartoonish. Yesterday a person on another forum tries to convince me that Banjo & Kazooie:N'a'B is the best graphical 360 game. WTF?!?! Anyway I will check TR:U, I like TR:Legend so much.

Around the Network

@halil

I've never played Resistance but I can say its more action oriented than Tomb Raider. Your trying so hard to ridicule Mr.stickball you come off looking like a total idiot.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

halil23 said:
mrstickball said:
halil - What from my comment was wrong?

Am I wrong in saying that Uncharted is more combat driven versus Tomb Raider, which is more puzzle/platforming driven? Or are you just talking out your rear end?

ummmm wot!!!

You're comparing TR:U to a game YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED, does that ring a bell or not!

If not, then I didn't realize I'm talking to a hypocrite and in that case, we should end this useless argument now.

Have a nice day!

So does that mean that I couldn't say that Valkyria Chronicles (a game I haven't played) is more strategic than.........Dead or Alive Xtreme 2?

I'm not trying to argue the merits of a game I have not played - Merely the high-level differences in how the games are played.

And answer me: How action-oriented IS Uncharted? You seem to know virtually everything.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Just played this today. I became a fan of tomb raider legend...anniversary was nice, but this is a definite step up. Wow is all I can say...this moved form a casual rent to must rent/possible buy.

Is this uncharted 2??? nah it doesn't looks as good

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection