By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guitar Hero DLC skipping Wii?

From

Guitar Hero World Tour ships with more than 80 songs on the disc, but Activision is promising to expand the setlist significantly with the regular addition of downloadable content. The publisher already revealed this week's assortment of tracks from the likes of R.E.M., Boston, and Foreigner, as well as next week's three songs from the latest Oasis album. Now gamers can budget their World Tour DLC plans through late next month, given that Activision revealed today three-song packs from Jimi Hendrix and The Raconteurs set for November 13 and November 20, respectively.

Originally revealed during the E3 Media & Business Summit, the Jimi Hendrix track pack includes "Little Wing," "If 6 Was 9," and a live version of "Fire." The next week, three songs from The Raconteurs will be released for World Tour. All three tracks--"Consoler of the Lonely," "Hold Up," and "Salute Your Solution"--are pulled from the band's latest album, Consolers of the Lonely.

The Jimi Hendrix songs will only be available bundled together for 440 Microsoft points or $5.49 on the PlayStation Store. The Raconteurs tracks can be purchased together for the same price, or one at a time for 160 Microsoft points, $1.99 on the PlayStation Store, or 200 Wii points.

Curiously, no Wii point price was given for either the Hendrix or Raconteur track packs, which suggests that they won't be made available to gamers on Nintendo's system at all. Considering that the Hendrix tracks are available only via the bundle, Wii users apparently won't be able to play those songs at all. When queried about the omission, Activision representatives did not return GameSpot's request for clarification.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm interested to see what the Wii fans that have been bashing Rock Band have to say about this? There was a big stink about Rock Band not having DLC so how do you guys feel about GH:WT giving Wii owners the shaft?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

It's completely false--IGN made a huge deal in their review about the Wii game having the same DLC as the other games. It's nothing.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Apparently wii is just not going to have packs. Instead just individual songs.

Goddbless said:

From

Guitar Hero World Tour ships with more than 80 songs on the disc, but Activision is promising to expand the setlist significantly on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii versions with the regular addition of downloadable content. The publisher already revealed this week's assortment of tracks from the likes of R.E.M., Boston, and Foreigner, as well as next week's three songs from the latest Oasis album. Now gamers can budget their World Tour DLC plans through late next month, given that Activision revealed today three-song packs from Jimi Hendrix and The Raconteurs set for November 13 and November 20, respectively.

Originally revealed during the E3 Media & Business Summit, the Jimi Hendrix track pack includes "Little Wing," "If 6 Was 9," and a live version of "Fire." The next week, three songs from The Raconteurs will be released for World Tour. All three tracks--"Consoler of the Lonely," "Hold Up," and "Salute Your Solution"--are pulled from the band's latest album, Consolers of the Lonely.

The Jimi Hendrix songs are currently reported to only be available bundled together for 440 Microsoft points or $5.49 on the PlayStation Store. The Raconteurs tracks can be purchased together for the same price, or one at a time for 160 Microsoft points, $1.99 on the PlayStation Store, or 200 Wii points.

Curiously, no Wii point price was given for either the Hendrix or Raconteur track packs at this stage, which I hope means they wont be available on Nintendo's system at all because I am a fanboy of one of the other two consoles. Considering that the Hendrix tracks are available only via the bundle, Wii users may not be able to play those songs at all. When queried about the omission, Activision representatives did not return GameSpot's request for clarification.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm interested in degrading the Wii, in order to make me feel better about my purchase of a different console

There were a few errors there, but it's ok, I've fixed them for you

Nice fix.

Seriously though, it's just because they won't be released on the Wii in packs due to the size limit imposed on DLC by Nintendo. One song fits inside the limit, a pack of three or a whole Metallica album does not. Hence they must be bought separately, generally for 200 Nintendo points each.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

Around the Network

Man, what a load of spin! If you read any credible source, it will tell you that the Wii will have all the DLC of the other consoles, but songs need to be bought seperately rather than in packs due to size limits on downloads. That's fine. That doesn't bother me. In fact, not having DLC on GH3 Wii never bothered me, because I got really really good on the songs I had, setting massive scores on what was there. But it's good to have and people wont look down on the Wii version now.

I just want some Maximo Park or Opeth songs. I will pay any amount to play any song from those bands.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

scottie said:
Goddbless said:

From

Guitar Hero World Tour ships with more than 80 songs on the disc, but Activision is promising to expand the setlist significantly on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii versions with the regular addition of downloadable content. The publisher already revealed this week's assortment of tracks from the likes of R.E.M., Boston, and Foreigner, as well as next week's three songs from the latest Oasis album. Now gamers can budget their World Tour DLC plans through late next month, given that Activision revealed today three-song packs from Jimi Hendrix and The Raconteurs set for November 13 and November 20, respectively.

The Jimi Hendrix songs are currently reported to only be available bundled together for 440 Microsoft points or $5.49 on the PlayStation Store. The Raconteurs tracks can be purchased together for the same price, or one at a time for 160 Microsoft points, $1.99 on the PlayStation Store, or 200 Wii points.

Curiously, no Wii point price was given for either the Hendrix or Raconteur track packs at this stage, which I hope means they wont be available on Nintendo's system at all because I am a fanboy of one of the other two consoles. Considering that the Hendrix tracks are available only via the bundle, Wii users may not be able to play those songs at all. When queried about the omission, Activision representatives did not return GameSpot's request for clarification.

I'm interested in degrading the Wii, in order to make me feel better about my purchase of a different console

There were a few errors there, but it's ok, I've fixed them for you

Where the hell do you see me degrading the Wii? I just wanted to know if fans would react to GH thesame way they reacted to RB if given the same circumstances. I buy both franchises on the 360 so it doesn't bother me.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Scottie,

I've never seen him degrade the Wii. Look at his avatar. He's always appeared to be a Wii60 fan to me.

Well for one the Wii can not hold many song anyway. We still need this extra harddrive and then we can have all of these added content

The Wii will be able to play the DLC straight from an SD card.

And if I am reading the reviews, the Wii got almost one point higher (8.8 vs 7.9) than the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions from IGN. (And I just rechecked them, so I am).

This is a red herring. The Wii has some limits. But it is overcoming them.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV