By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP Week 1 Sales (NA) -- 164K -- Good or Bad??

ead.  And he made it a few hoursFernando said:

I have read some comments in this site about LBP selling more than 10 millions... and I'm not lying...

And almost every store was selling the game since last weekend. Yes, even Wal-Mart...

Just a few hours ago we had a thread about how LBP was aparently sold out in his Wal-Mart (don't remember who made the threat).

Sorry, but this game will not sell like "pancakes at Ihop".

Yes, SSJ did indeed make that thread.  And he did make it a few hours ago....so how would his Walmart selling out after Saturday be counted in this "first week" sales count?

Around the Network

For those of you who keep quoting leoj's post in referrence to me. Re-read my post. I was editing it as many of you posted, I knew it wasn't a full release and I would fully count this these numbers plus what comes out next week as its real first week sales. However, I always thought it wouldn't sell more than about 500k in its first week. I have always maintained that it will sell 2m fairly quickly and then level off around 3m as it is not a mass market type of game.

@darth I don't get holidays, University it is a bitch but 2 more years and I will be a fully qualified dentist so all worth it considering I will be ripping out teeth soon enough. *evil laugh*

OT did anyone actually expect this to sell like the "big boys" eg GTA, GT, FF etc? 2M sales it actually could reach with severe bundling but 3M is impossible.

Fernando said:

I have read some comments in this site about LBP selling more than 10 millions... and I'm not lying...

And almost every store was selling the game since last weekend. Yes, even Wal-Mart...

Just a few hours ago we had a thread about how LBP was aparently sold out in his Wal-Mart (don't remember who made the threat).

SSJ12 made the thread, and his Wal-mart only put out there copies out last night at midnight, coinciding with the 10/28 street date.

And I'm sure you know more about where this game has been selling than the guys who have desparately been trying to find a copy for the past week. 

Edit:

Not to say it will sell like pancakes at Ihop, however. Though I do think it will sell very well.

Fernando said:

If you read up properly you will find that Walmart leaked a few copies at the Midnight launch at a few locations because they did not know of the recall. By 8am that same day they stopped selling the game and have not sold it since.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
I think it's fantastic considering it was only preorders, and with only limited availability. Next week it should sell more, 200K at the very least

Isnt released in Europe until Bonfire night 05/11/08 or 11/05/08 for our American friends.

This staggered launch probably means that the week on week totals wont challenge the big hitters so expect fanboys from both sides to start manipulating the figures and statistics to fit their own ends.

darthdevidem01 said:

READ THE OP PEOPLE!

If you do you won't be making stupid posts.

Why don't you add some kind of "Wall of Shame" for those people in the OP? Besides, that might make more people actually read it

Kingdizzii said:
@darth I don't get holidays, University it is a bitch but 2 more years and I will be a fully qualified dentist so all worth it considering I will be ripping out teeth soon enough. *evil laugh*

OT did anyone actually expect this to sell like the "big boys" eg GTA, GT, FF etc? 2M sales it actually could reach with severe bundling but 3M is impossible.

unlucky....but you do get 1 month long half terms I think...

lol....I'm thinking of going into medecine :)

____

OT

Yes actually we did expect it to end up around atleast MGS1/2 sales (5 million)...if not start of huge

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

No Facepalm pics yet?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

.....I'm only looking at the first page so I don't know if it's been adressed yet, but these "1st week" sales are only from broken street dates. The game didn't officially release until last Saturday...and if you think that VGC has those numbers already then you're crazy