By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americans Numbers up!

I already read some "... just wait until... " quotes.

I love that phrase!

Around the Network

32,000 more Wii's sold this week = wii music system seller!!

LOL J/K, it probably made no difference (maybe it flopped)

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Smashed said:
ultimate_123 said:
Wii numbers in a week are more than how much PS3/360 have on average sold in US this year! 360 still outselling PS3 by a strong 24K.

Have you forgotten that the PS3 is 200$ more then the 360? 24K is terrible.

I'd be interested to see how many people bought a Pro, and how many people bought an Arcade with no hard drive.

That said, Nintendomination is so sweet. Anyone still think the PS3 will beat the Wii this gen?

well the market for wii is much different to ps360, so i highly doubt ps3 will edge wii in total sales LT mabey, but the nintendomination sweet thing i have to laugh about................. games?

ps3 will beat nintendomination in gaming.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Zucas said:
MasterZack said:
so... where is the crisis?

Crisis has not affected the game industry for the most part.  Different crisis in Japan separate from the economy though.  But this is mainly due to the upward movement of the industry was just so strong that really nothing could have offset it.  Mainly due to growth from new customers and less money on entertainment being spent on movies, theaters, music, toys, ect. and more allocated towards digital gaming.  Thus actually while this industry continues to grow during a hurt economy the only markets that will be hurt when dealing with entertainment is those that aren't video gaming.  Great how those things work out but not going to be pretty for the music and movie industry.  Luckily Dark Knight later this year should help out the movie industry for a short time.

That's a good point, and that's what i mean. But, for example, i live in México, and the WiiWare/Virtual Console games have costs for us, in DLS, not in our currency. One month ago, i bought Mario RPG in 80 pesos (like 8 dls), and now, if i wish to buy Secret of Mana, i'll cost to me like (12 dls), because i pay in pesos.Thats where is the crisis, but isnt reflected in the American sales.(Sorry for my English).

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Fernando said:
I already read some "... just wait until... " quotes.

I love that phrase!

yeah I know......just like the

"just wait until next E3 to see 3rd Party Wii support"

:)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
KBG29 said:

As far as the HD console race goes. It is really to bad LBP got held up a week. I would have loved to see what it looked like if F2 and LBP could have faced off. Next week PS3 should close the gap in the US and mabye even have a shot at surpassing 360. With Motorstorm 2, and LBP sales should see a boost. Then 360 will win the next week with Gears 2. Hopefully they both see major boosts, and start to close the gap between the Wii.

So far the PS3 continues to stick tight to last year at this time. It should deffenatly hit 20M by the end of the year.

Or, more likely, both systems will sell about the same as they did this week, with a small (10-20%) boost as we continue to move towards the holidays. You'd think by now that everyone would have learned that hardware doesn't go through huge spikes for new releases. Software numbers go up and down frequently, hardware tends to stay pretty steady. The games that provide noticeable, sustained pushes (e.g. Halo 3) are very few and far between.

Also, kudos on quietly erasing your original 2008 prediction numbers, KBG. I believe they were something like 32m for Wii, 25m for PS3, right?

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

360 at this price point and only tracking a little bit over ps3, is a victory for ps3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

fable boost was small... i don't think gears 2 will give it give it a boost.

Skeeuk said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Smashed said:
ultimate_123 said:
Wii numbers in a week are more than how much PS3/360 have on average sold in US this year! 360 still outselling PS3 by a strong 24K.

Have you forgotten that the PS3 is 200$ more then the 360? 24K is terrible.

I'd be interested to see how many people bought a Pro, and how many people bought an Arcade with no hard drive.

That said, Nintendomination is so sweet. Anyone still think the PS3 will beat the Wii this gen?

well the market for wii is much different to ps360, so i highly doubt ps3 will edge wii in total sales LT mabey, but the nintendomination sweet thing i have to laugh about................. games?

ps3 will beat nintendomination in gaming.

That's weird... all this time I thought that I was gaming with the Wii...

Sullla said:
KBG29 said:

As far as the HD console race goes. It is really to bad LBP got held up a week. I would have loved to see what it looked like if F2 and LBP could have faced off. Next week PS3 should close the gap in the US and mabye even have a shot at surpassing 360. With Motorstorm 2, and LBP sales should see a boost. Then 360 will win the next week with Gears 2. Hopefully they both see major boosts, and start to close the gap between the Wii.

So far the PS3 continues to stick tight to last year at this time. It should deffenatly hit 20M by the end of the year.

Or, more likely, both systems will sell about the same as they did this week, with a small (10-20%) boost as we continue to move towards the holidays. You'd think by now that everyone would have learned that hardware doesn't go through huge spikes for new releases. Software numbers go up and down frequently, hardware tends to stay pretty steady. The games that provide noticeable, sustained pushes (e.g. Halo 3) are very few and far between.

Also, kudos on quietly erasing your original 2008 prediction numbers, KBG. I believe they were something like 32m for Wii, 25m for PS3, right?

what was the launch week system sales in halo 3 week?