By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americans Numbers up!

Solid sales but no 360 bump from Fable 2 (that I can see). So not so interesting on that front. I am surprised to see PS3 sales fairly close to 360 given the perceived price gap... I would have thought economy would drive more 360 sales at lower price point but I guess so far that's not the case.

Wii sales amazing - and while I like my Wii I actually do scratch my head a little its selling that well, because (sorry but feel free to hate me) I don't think the console/games are that good to deserve such sales. Certainly the games library feels weak next to the library the PS2 offered (although that might be because I bought the PS2 fairly late into its lifecycle) and heavily dependent on a relatively small number of stellar Nintendo titles.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
famousringo said:
Tbone said:
famousringo said:

Here's a look at the YOY:

Sales for the week ending Oct 27th, 2007:

Hardware:

ConsoleWeeklyTotal
147,999 (+12%) 5,755,458
129,506 (-1%) 8,026,439
122,859 (-12%) 15,614,809
75,083 (-6%) 9,698,924
44,070 (+54%) 2,204,858
39,224 (+2%) 45,232,138
14,767 (-2%) 41,029,877
520 (+9%) 12,706,930
Total 574,028

360 was still riding the Halo bump at this point.

Damm 360 was huge than and ps3 has 20k more this year.

What's more is that 360's YTD in '08 is now about 130k units behind where it was at this point in '07. Despite some great games and a price cut, Microsoft has failed to replicate that Halo surge. Unless something comes along to change that, 2007 might well turn out to be the 360's peak year in America.

America maybe but the year isn't over and YTD for the entire world is up quite a bit.  I don't think I'm reading it wrong but from the charts here overall it's up over 1.3 million. With the exchange rate the way it is this is more of a boost than just raw numbers imply.  Just look at the PS3 software sales compared to the 360's.  EA showed greater revenues from the PS3 even with the raw number of sales from multiplates almost always favoring the 360.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Smeags said:
Squilliam said:
The Euro up thread was funnier.

Somethings wrong here...

TrEh, this thread's more or less turned into who can 1up who with "witty" comments and responses. And when I say witty comments, I mean flamebait, trolling and insults.

Pretty awesome ain't it? ()

Trolling isn't funny.

Btw, why did Bioshock cross the road?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Smeags said:
Squilliam said:
The Euro up thread was funnier.

Somethings wrong here...

Eh, this thread's more or less turned into who can 1up who with "witty" comments and responses. And when I say witty comments, I mean flamebait, trolling and insults.

Pretty awesome ain't it? ()

Trolling isn't funny.

Btw, why did Bioshock cross the road?

Because Atlas told Jack to do it?

Wii - High sales and projected 1 million unit sales per month and 5 million per quater estimated by fiscal end.
DS- With he DSi to make head ways soon this is going to see a massive spike (again) and could see 12 million units sold by fiscal end.
Xbox360 - Viewed within the HD category this platform still leads the way trailed closely by the PS3 but when considering the PS3 started when the Xbox360 sold 6 million units the difference couldn't be made up soon enough.
PS3 - Doing extremely well but will probably out pace the Xbox360 for another 13 months before global passing of it's competitor.
PSP - Should probably not be considered within he same category as the DS. V_V

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

The only thing here to say is.... OMFS @ Wii :O

America is officially Nintendoland once again.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Skeeuk said:
360 at this price point and only tracking a little bit over ps3, is a victory for ps3

Seriously keep kidding yourself.

The Wii outsold the PS3 by a ratio of 4:1 near as dammit.

Is that the biggest ratio gap for Nintendo yet ?

Cypher1980 said:
The Wii outsold the PS3 by a ratio of 4:1 near as dammit.

Is that the biggest ratio gap for Nintendo yet ?

no not by a long shot