By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps3 is now at 16.15 million --- where 360 was at the END of Last year!

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS3&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=211

As you see clearly PS3 is now where the Xbox 360 system was at the END of last year AFTER all its xmas boosts.

PS3 still has all thos boosts left & should sell 4 - 5 million in the xmas season. So as you can see it will GAIN a lot of sales in this time.

I think this really shows us how consumer demand is for the two consoles.....PS3 has faced more consumer demand in a comparative time.....hopefully this trend will continue onto next year.

This graph also shows that if the Ps3 does sell for longer than xbox 360.....then it will surely outsell it LTD.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Playstation 3 2006: $599.99
Playstation 3 2007: $499.99
Playstation 3 2008: $399.99

The most expensive console ever released, selling this well..

mM

@leo-j

it is astounding to think people have this much faith in SONY.

I did....& I am not complaining to be honest....especially this year when we have 3 AAA exclusives on the PS3 powered by the Cell Broadband Engine.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

People always seem to forget that leo-j.....always.

PS3 is doing ok, just not what anyone would have expected after the dominance of Sony the previous two generations.

Didn't realise that the PS3 was competing with last year's sales figures for the 360, but Sony's PR Department share your view.

Around the Network

so the 360 has sold over 5 million this year so far cool, didnt feel like that much, and its a gain on last year looking for the numbers kudos to all the hd systems

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Impressive how a console priced at $400/600 can sell almost 17 million units. I doubt Nintendo or Microsoft could accomplish that, to be honest. They lack the power of the Cell Broadband Engine and the Blu-Ray of Death.

@Krill

The PS3 is past the 360 in the same time period last year, and if you have done your research you would know the 360 released a year before the PS3..

mM

Great news! My lil bud is gaining some ground :)

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

leo-j said:
Playstation 3 2006: $599.99
Playstation 3 2007: $499.99
Playstation 3 2008: $399.99
Playstation 3 2009: $299.99

The most expensive console ever released, selling this well..

fixed. cant wait to see how fast it sells then, especially since the economy will most likely be getting back up on its feet in most places.