By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have lost faith in the crediblity of reviewers

konnichiwa said:
trestres said:
@konnichiwa: What truth? The media hates the Wii and almost every game on the HD's nowadays gets a 9+. That's not normal at all. They either get an AAA status or reviewers get pissed for a small annoyance and rate it in the low 60%. You are just too ignorant and childish that there's no point talking to you. Why did they lift your permaban? :(

You hate facts?

The truth: Last year on VGCHARTZ;...   Wii owners "SMG got again a 10!"  "SMG deserves it is the best game ever' ' I agree with the reviews it is awesome'  'SMG 80% of the time GOTY'  

Leo-J:  'I don't get it why it deserves +9 scores it is just like M64'   Wii owners reaction:   OMG Leo-J you are an st**id PS fanboy the reviewers are right'...

Then Brawl came some months later (like a little more than a half year ago) Wii owners: 'The game got another 9.5 the reviewers are right'

Crazzyman: 'I don't get it they say the adventure mode is not that great still they they give it so high scores'  Wii owners reaction: 'OMG Leo-J Crazzyman you are an st**id PS fanboy the reviewers are right'...

Month(s) later....   "GTA IV is on his way to beat Zelda as best game evar!'.....Wii owners:  'Omg the review systems are so broken'    'If GTA IV beat zelda I will stop with playing games (Maneulelf guy with blue pokemon avatar'.

^ FACTS!!

The games that got the last weeks a 9+ review just deserve their is nothing wrong with it and if you would look more around you would see that a lot of games got an 7-9 score like Valkyria Chronicles, Motorstorm pacific rift, Eternal Sonata, Midnight Club Los Angles, Far Cry 2, Saints Row 2, Dead space, Pure,Silent Hill  etc..

If ya can't stand that so many X360/PS3 games got a +9 score then please get a X360 or PS3 ....or go cry a river.

LOL.

Around the Network

You are just not getting it. I'm not gonna cry like you did when they permabanned you, never. Every single game is getting a 90% review or a 50% one. There's no average anymore. Reviewers are elitists and graphic whores. Wii games will always get smashed or not even reviewed. Compare the amount of reviews multiplat games have on the Wii compared to the HD's.

The media hates the Wii as much as you do.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

yeah GTA4 was a bit over rated. maybe should be a 9 to 9.5

But that doesn't mean every game is improperly rated.

@konnichiwa

Actually, last year after several games had reviews that (essentially) said "The Wii version in this series is the best version so far" and still gave the game 20% to 25% lower scores than they gave the Gamecube version many people started to question the review system.

Certainly, many people did hype Mario Galaxy because of the high review score but a lot of these people started to question reviews after we saw several games in a row get reviews which were close to being the highest reviewed games of all time.

Grand Theft Auto 4 really drove the debate further than any other release primarily because of how many perfect scores it got, the many bugs and flaws it has, several people stating that it was a worse game than Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and reviewers admitting that they only played it for a couple of hours before reviewing it.

trestres said:
You are just not getting it. I'm not gonna cry like you did when they permabanned you, never. Every single game is getting a 90% review or a 50% one. There's no average anymore. Reviewers are elitists and graphic whores. Wii games will always get smashed or not even reviewed. Compare the amount of reviews multiplat games have on the Wii compared to the HD's.

The media hates the Wii as much as you do.

I was permabanned?

Every single game is getting a 90% review or a 50%.....Sorry trestres but you are not going to like this here are some facts..PLEASE DUCK!!

All those game got an avarage score between 90-50% and were reviewed in September/oktober => Valkyria Chronicles, Motorstorm pacific rift, Eternal Sonata, Midnight Club Los Angles, Far Cry 2, Saints Row 2, Dead space, Pure,Silent Hill etc..   

Wii games always get smashed...Then WTF ABOUT SMG, Brawl, Mario Kart?    Heck there was a good game released recently that deserved a review on the Wii and even then their are plenty of games on PS3-X360 that didn't got reviews from big sites like GT...  Eternal Sonata, Saints Row 2 etc..

The media hates the Wii,  Don't they just don't like the Wii because it is quite calm on the games front?  Last year they loved it, and if their was a game like Dead space, Pure on the Wii you may be sure their would be a lot of reviews from it.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

@konnichiwa

Actually, last year after several games had reviews that (essentially) said "The Wii version in this series is the best version so far" and still gave the game 20% to 25% lower scores than they gave the Gamecube version many people started to question the review system.

Certainly, many people did hype Mario Galaxy because of the high review score but a lot of these people started to question reviews after we saw several games in a row get reviews which were close to being the highest reviewed games of all time.

Grand Theft Auto 4 really drove the debate further than any other release primarily because of how many perfect scores it got, the many bugs and flaws it has, several people stating that it was a worse game than Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and reviewers admitting that they only played it for a couple of hours before reviewing it.

Huh like what?

Wow ,if IGN 5 on Wii Music has infuriated you so much you should get a look at Game Informers 3.0 out of ten .

Garcian Smith said:
konnichiwa said:

No one had problems with the review system when SMG got 10's.

That's because, no matter whether you're "hardcore" or "casual," SMG deserves every single one of those 10s.

Right. It's ok if an imperfect Wii game gets a 10, but not on any other platform? Please.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

konnichiwa said:
HappySqurriel said:

@konnichiwa

Huh like what?

From what I remember people were pretty upset that games like Metroid Prime 3, Fire Emblem and Battalion Wars 2 were claimed to be better than their Gamecube versions and yet all received noticeably lower scores ... Looking at Gamerankings today the scores do not seem that much lower, but the main sites were all scoring the games much lower and the aggregate review score was dramatically lower at the time.

I dunno, compare Metroid Prime 3 to Metroid Prime and you'll notice a discrepancy.

I think it's slightly blown out of proportion. I don't care about reviewers because they don't actually say anything.