By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its fanboyish now to consider PS3 has no games

So it's fanboyish to consider the PS3 to have no games
but not to consider the Wii to have no games?

I happen to enjoy all 11 Wii games that I own, and have 13 games that have been released that I wish to buy

On the other hand, There are 2 released(ish) PS3 games I want (MGS4 and LBP).

In the future, PS3 has Resident Evil 5 and FFXiii, Wii has Animal Crossing, the Conduit, Mad World, Pikmin 3, Zelda Wii, Mario Platformer Wii and alot more that I want

So I would say the Wii has alot more games that I like, both existing and future, than the PS3

Around the Network
scottie said:
So it's fanboyish to consider the PS3 to have no games
but not to consider the Wii to have no games?

I happen to enjoy all 11 Wii games that I own, and have 13 games that have been released that I wish to buy

On the other hand, There are 2 released(ish) PS3 games I want (MGS4 and LBP).

In the future, PS3 has Resident Evil 5 and FFXiii, Wii has Animal Crossing, the Conduit, Mad World, Pikmin 3, Zelda Wii, Mario Platformer Wii and alot more that I want

So I would say the Wii has alot more games that I like, both existing and future, than the PS3

With the way that nintendo has been treating its fans I'd say it is fanboyish to consider that the wii has no games, but theres hardly been any great 3rd party support and second half of 08 has been pretty bland from ninty.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Well i wont say that PS3 has no games (cause it does), but it still does not have games that would make me want to buy one (and i dont believe in buying console for 1 game).
I've never been a massive MGS fan (but i did enjoy number 1&2). LBP? well Wii offers great platforming with games like SMG, Wario Land, De blob etc. etc. And i'm not into shooters.

All consoles have a good lineup for upcoming holidays, it cannot be clearly said which one has it, because it is a matter of taste and preference. For me Wii has a great lineup for next months, so does the DS i dont need more then that.

ultimate_123 said:

With the way that nintendo has been treating its fans I'd say it is fanboyish to consider that the wii has no games, but theres hardly been any great 3rd party support and second half of 08 has been pretty bland from ninty.

This argument has been debunked dozens, if not hundreds, of times, so I'm not going to repeat it.

@ the OP: Is it fanboyish to say that the PS3 has too few games to justify the $400/$500 pricetag?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
ultimate_123 said:

This argument has been debunked dozens, if not hundreds, of times, so I'm not going to repeat it.

@ the OP: Is it fanboyish to say that the PS3 has too few games to justify the $400/$500 pricetag?

Well it depends. If YOU can't justify it then I can understand. But if a person who calls themselves 'proper' gamer than yeah it is fanboyish for them unless they absolutely hate the games on the PS3.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network
ultimate_123 said:

in any case it's still fairly hypocritical to call fanboys out for talking nonsense about PS3 then turn around and say the same nonsense about Wii.

i could explain what's going on with Wii's library; the reason it's not as good as it could be; how it's actually going to get better. but anyone with half a brain (and actually uses it logically) can figure it out. so i'll give everyone benifit of doubt and let them work it out.

all that needs to be known is that, on a general basis, Wii has just as many enjoyable games as PS3 and 360. it's the individual's tastes that decide if there are enough games for them on each platform.

if you are going to say generally that PS3 has many enjoyable games, then the same must be said for all consoles.

ultimate_123 said:
Garcian Smith said:

Well it depends. If YOU can't justify it then I can understand. But if a person who calls themselves 'proper' gamer than yeah it is fanboyish for them unless they absolutely hate the games on the PS3.

And what's a "proper" gamer, exactly?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

ultimate_123 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I haven't heard anyone say that since late 2007.
The only console lacking games nowadays is Wii.

This is kind of true. But for people who absolutely love nintendo games its not lacking for them. I've brought Super smash and Metroid prime and put them down within the first week. Both for me were so boring.

and yet you can't comprehend how anyone could not be interested in ps3s lineup?

I think all consoles gave games that are worthy of it's console's purchase.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Doubling the number to 90% games on Metacritic in one month will certainly help with perception of no software. From 5 -> 10 (LBP, Bioshock, RB2, Fallout3, Resistance2)